Re: sal , does your lutino bird look simlar to this bird,

    Message 1 of 32 , Feb 1, 2008
      Willy

              I suspect that it is possible to have more Parblue phenotypes than we currently recognise. For instance in Scarlet-chested there are the birds with a green back but salmon chest in the cock (Seagreen) that do not fit the definitions we have for either Aqua or Turquoise. Not having seen these 'Emerald' birds first hand, I am cautious about absolute statements, but if they are roughly a 50% parblue with even colour, they fit the definition we have for Aqua.

              I would like to see 'Emerald' used for a Parblue that was close to wildtype in colour (roughly 25% reduction in psittacin or less).

      Sent: Thursday, January 31, 2008 6:23 PM
      Subject: RE: [Genetics-Psittacine] FW: sal , does your lutino bird look simlar to this bird,

      Also Mick, when you say ‘emerald’ is this the homo or heterozygous form as in turquoise and turquoiseblue for the other parblue mutation? Is there a difference like there is in the turquoise and turquoiseblue? The former is also coloured from the nest contrary to what Bastiaan says in his book. Is ‘aqua’ the agreed name for the emerald Terry?

      Willy

      Message 32 of 32 , Feb 5, 2008
        Inte

        Thanks