Recessive Yellow? Pics

  • Mike Cooley
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2000
      Ok I have managed to get these pics scanned and up

      Here we see the supposed recessive yellow in one picture that
      is pretty good, and it shows clearly I think that he dosn't
      have a greenish cast. In the other pic RecNMate you see him
      under poorer light :( with his mate. There were several other
      lutinos pairs and a few Albino females, and I looked at all
      their eyes, they all looked like hers, and none looked like his.

      I asked the persons who's notes claimed these two threw a blue:
      Q: those two, they threw a blue?
      A: yes, I hand fed it.

      Hopefully someone can comment on what they think of the eyes
      of this male, for I don't know enuff about phenotypes to say.
      But it looks to me as if his pupil was larger and darker and
      he had a much darker eyering.

      I realize that these pics are big and I'll delete them after
      people have had a chance to look.

      If they did throw a blue then I would figure that the male
      is homozygous recessiveyellow /lutino /blue and the female is
      a lutino /blue, if this is the case I would expect that they could
      have thrown blue /lutino /recessiveyellow male
      or a blue /recessiveyellow female,
      and that they should also be able to throw
      green /lutino /recessiveyellow (50%/blue) males
      and green /recessiveyellow (50%/blue) females
      and that half of their offspring should fall into the above
      catagories with the other half being various Lutinos and Albinos

      Hopefully they will have some more offspring soon and then
      I'll know if they get any such birds :)

      Thanks for any comments on his eyes and color, Mike