Re: [Genetics-Psittacine] Violet Emerald?

  • B Chauhan
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 2, 2006
      Hi Scott,
      The bird in your picture is a Turquoise Violet blue not a Emerald Violet.
      B Chauhan
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 2, 2006

          The bird is not turquoise, the color is slightly off in the photo. I do have turquoise violet blues and they are completely different.

                       Scott

        From: "B Chauhan" <shantikundan@...>
        To: <Genetics-Psittacine@yahoogroups.com>
        Subject: Re: [Genetics-Psittacine] Violet Emerald?
        Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2006 20:58:48 +0100

        Hi Scott,
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 2, 2006
          Hi ,

          Here are a couple of pic as what a TurquoiseViolet in Australia looks like,  Scott's looks much much different. Nice looking birds Scott. I can not wait to see what the green series bird looks like.

          Mick

          Karmic Aviaries
          37 years breeding mutations in Aviculture
          Mick & Karin Blake
          Private Breeders, Sculptor, Potter & Blacksmith
          Mt Morgan QLD 4714

          From: "B Chauhan" <shantikundan@...>
          To: <Genetics-Psittacine@yahoogroups.com>
          Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2006 20:58:48 +0100

          Hi Scott,
          The bird in your picture is a Turquoise Violet blue not a Emerald Violet.
          B Chauhan
          Attached is a picture of an unusual violet I bred this year. I am not sure if the weird "seagreen" birds we have are Emeralds or Aquas. Babu and George Smith photographed one and took feather samples 5 or 6 years ago when they visited Texas, but we never heard if they thought it was the same mutation they were working with in England. I will try to get a pic of one without a violet factor, but it's hard to ever get the color to look accurate.

                         Scott

          Checked by AVG Free Edition.

          Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.
          Checked by AVG Free Edition.
        • marj nakar
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 10, 2006
            hi babu  would  u  have  any pictures of a violet cobalt lacewing  thanks

            B Chauhan <shantikundan@...> wrote:
            Hi Scott,
            The bird in your picture is a Turquoise Violet blue not a Emerald Violet.
            B Chauhan
            Attached is a picture of an unusual violet I bred this year. I am not sure if the weird "seagreen" birds we have are Emeralds or Aquas. Babu and George Smith photographed one and took feather samples 5 or 6 years ago when they visited Texas, but we never heard if they thought it was the same mutation they were working with in England. I will try to get a pic of one without a violet factor, but it's hard to ever get the color to look accurate.
                           Scott

            Checked by AVG Free Edition.

            Do you Yahoo!?