Re: [Genetics-Psittacine] Please Help With Identifaction Of These Cockatiels

  • Andre
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 1, 2004
      Hello Jackie,

      In the left bird there are three mutations involved,whiteface,cinnamon and pied.
      In the other bird are two mutations involved,whiteface and pearl (=opaline).

      With regards,

      Andre van der Voorn
      I Was Wondering If Anyone Could Please Help Me  Identify These Two Cockateils, They Both Have Black Eyes, The Bird On The Left Has A More Brownish Colouration, Where The One On The Right Is More Of A Silverish Colour. I Do Apologise For The Quality Of The Picture.

      Many Thanks In Advance
      Kind Regards
      Jackie

      Do you Yahoo!?

    • lowjo-hillybilly

        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 1, 2004
          he seems a cinammon pearl white face.
          I Was Wondering If Anyone Could Please Help Me  Identify These Two Cockateils, They Both Have Black Eyes, The Bird On The Left Has A More Brownish Colouration, Where The One On The Right Is More Of A Silverish Colour. I Do Apologise For The Quality Of The Picture.

          Many Thanks In Advance
          Kind Regards
          Jackie

          Do you Yahoo!?

          ---
        • Flávia Catarina
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 1, 2004
            sorry, i forgot to say that the the right bird is a pearl whiteface.

            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 1, 2004
              Hi all,

              The Cinnamon bird might not be a Pied - the paler colouring might
              just be part of the normal variation of the Cinnamon Mutation. It's
              quite common for the colour to be a bit blotchy like that. The better
              examples of Cinnamon birds don't have this but even then extended
              exposure to sunlight can cause the bleaching effect of the colour.

              The other bird is definitely a Whiteface Pearl (Opaline). If it's a
              young cock bird it will lose most (if not all) of the feather pattern
              within 18 months. It will continue to breed true to it's genetics
              though.

              Steve

              --- In Genetics-Psittacine@yahoogroups.com, "Andre" <voorn73@z...>
              wrote:
              > Hello Jackie,
              >
              > In the left bird there are three mutations
              involved,whiteface,cinnamon and pied.
              > In the other bird are two mutations involved,whiteface and pearl
              (=opaline).

              > With regards,
              >
              > Andre van der Voorn
            • Brian Nielsen
              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 3, 2004
                Hello all.

                I was wondering if anyone knows the status of the "Black-face" and/or
                "Anthracite" budgerigar?

                Regards
                Brian
                www.forpus.dk