Re: [Genetics-Psittacine] Re: Mutation Ringneck?

  • MysteryPickles@aol.com
    Message 1 of 25 , Apr 1, 2004
      In a message dated 3/31/04 3:33:58 PM Eastern Standard Time, rareringnecks@... writes:

      A Guide to Color Mutations &Genetics in Parrots

      I really need to get this book...where is it sold?
      Nicole
      Mystery Pickles Parrots

      Coconut Creek, FL
    • Yoanka
      Message 2 of 25 , Apr 2, 2004
        Hi,
        My friend has a budgie. She was white and blue but after first molt she
        became yellow. Now, she is deeper blue and she has yellow head. Border
        between yellow and blue is green.

        It is such color change normal?

        Best regards,
        Joanna
        Message 3 of 25 , Apr 2, 2004
          Nicole

                  It is available online from ABK publications

          as well as many distributors around the world

          Message 4 of 25 , Apr 9, 2004
            --- In Genetics-Psittacine@yahoogroups.com, "Yoanka" <yoanka@p...>
            wrote:
            > Hi,
            > My friend has a budgie. She was white and blue but after first molt
            she
            > became yellow. Now, she is deeper blue and she has yellow head.
            Border
            > between yellow and blue is green.
            >
            > It is such color change normal?

            --Yeah,it´s absolutely normal.
            And it can also be considered as "normal" that the intensity of the
            green and the width gets stronger the older the bird gets.
            This mutation ist the Europ. Yellowface 1.