Hi guys -
just a quick one:
- all orders for G40 received during this week
are now ready for shipping
and will be in the mail early tomorrow
- assembly pictorial is almost done with phase
4,5 and 6 now
follow the bottom link)
- schematic diagram of G40 and assembly manual
should be ready for download
over the weekend, link to follow
- in this batch we use slightly thicker Cu wire;
enamel coated 0.9mm / 200C
which is close fit into PCB holes. Strip/scrape
enamel first, insert through hole
- we had to drill few extra holes on PCB to
accommodate new RCA connectors.
Also you will notice one trace being cut
- pleased don't panic- that's OK !
- white PU BNC connector is now replaced with new
solid metal body BNC.
You'll love it!
- PA coils and transformer: follow
the winding instructions and expect at least
6 to 8W out. It is possible to squeeze
much more, but please remember that
heat sink is really designed for 5W only.
- to connect G40 to PC you will need 2 audio
cables with 3.5mm RCA stereo plugs.
Also if your PC does not have serial (COM) port
then serial to USB adapter is required.
We have tested number of generic and inexpensive
adapters and they all worked fine.
(You will need to set COM port settings in SDR
- remember: to get most fun out of your G40
good sound card is highly recommended !
Finally, thanks to all who took time to write.
Your feedback, comments and suggestions is truly appreciated.
73 and happy homebrewing!