Re: Testing after phase 3

  • Vladimir Ljubojevic
    Message 1 of 4 , May 26, 2009
      --- In GenesisRadio@yahoogroups.com, "nick" <nick@...> wrote:

      > Hi Fric -
      >
      > congratulations on your No 026. From the photos on your webiste looks
      > like you are very well organized builder - well done!
      >
      > I think you are just minutes away from getting your RX working.
      >
      > The voltages on ICs are just spot on, all OK.
      >
      > >>there is absolutely no difference if the antenna is connected or not
      >
      > Have you connected antenna connector and RX input
      > as per photo?

      Ouch! Now I see that the antenna is not connected. I was following the assembly pictorial, paying less atention to the manual, so I missed completely the "temporary bottom wire connecton" between ANT and RX.

      More news later today when I get my hands on the solder.

      Thanks,
      Fric yu1wc
    • Vladimir Ljubojevic
      Message 2 of 4 , May 26, 2009
        The RX is OK now! After soldering the temporary bottom wire connection between RX and ANT, I was able to copy several EU stations on CW, using Winrad and the built-in soundcard.

        Thanks to all who helped!