G3020

  • Grant McDuling
    Message 1 of 12 , May 25, 2009
      Hey guys, just seen mention of the new G3020. Should I wait before ordering my G40 for this one instead? Any details available yet? Even a sneak preview?

      Regards
      Grant VK4JAZ
    • Edward Butorajac
      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 8, 2009
        Nick,

        Thanks for the speedy shipment of my G3020. It arrived Friday in the
        mail. I was out of town at a hamfest for a few days, sos did not
        personally receive it until this evening, 8 November, when I returned.
        Please accept this short note as verification of receipt for my G3020
        Ser # 65.

        I have been following the discussion on the GenesisRadio Yahoo Group
        since I ordered my unit. A lot of good information there! Will follow
        the instructions for inventory list and build instructions. Thanks
        again for your fast service. Yes, really these are computer parts!
        (Well they will be when they are properly assembled.

        Kind Regards,

        Ed, KM4QQ
      • nick
        Message 3 of 12 , Feb 3, 2010
          Ron -

          I am sending you second G3020 kit today, free of charge.

          Nick VK1AA

          From: kf1z@...
          Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 18:25:48 -0500

          Wow!

          That's some speedy shipping!

          Nice.

          Message 4 of 12 , Feb 4, 2010
            Nick:

            Thank you so very much.  Should the first unit arrive (I don't expect it to happen) I will either send it back to you or forward it on to whomever you direct me to do so, at my expense.  Thank you again and let's hope the mails work a little better this time!!

            73's

            Ron    W0LPZ

            To: GenesisRadio@yahoogroups.com
            From: nick@...
            Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2010 16:59:38 +1100
            Subject: Re: [GenesisRadio] G3020

            To: GenesisRadio@ yahoogroups. com
            From: kf1z@hughes. net
            Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 18:25:48 -0500

            Wow!

            That's some speedy shipping!

            Nice.

            Message 5 of 12 , Feb 15, 2010
              As you were, silly me, I have just taken a look at the 10uF capacitors only to discover they are not electrolytics.

              73, Keith (G3OPJ)
            • N2BHA
              Message 6 of 12 , Feb 15, 2010
                Oops. I didn't see this post.

                Have a great time with the build. I have to say that it was the most fun that I have had in a while and it is a great rig on the air. I have been making many contacts US and DX with it here on the bench. I have to think about a case now but I am thinking of upgrading with a beefier heat sink and fan. I hope to meet up with you on the air for a G3020 to G3020 QSO.

                Take Care es 73,
                Vaughn N2BHA

                --- In GenesisRadio@yahoogroups.com, "keithharrisson" <g3opj@...> wrote:

                > As you were, silly me, I have just taken a look at the 10uF capacitors only to discover they are not electrolytics.
                >
                > 73, Keith (G3OPJ)

              • Keith Harrisson
                Message 7 of 12 , Feb 15, 2010
                  I am actually building the G80 so a QSO might be difficult

                  All the best, 73, Keith
                  Have a great time with the build. I have to say that it was the most fun that I have had in a while and it is a great rig on the air. I have been making many contacts US and DX with it here on the bench. I have to think about a case now but I am thinking of upgrading with a beefier heat sink and fan. I hope to meet up with you on the air for a G3020 to G3020 QSO.

                  Take Care es 73,
                  Vaughn N2BHA

                  --- In GenesisRadio@ yahoogroups. com, "keithharrisson" <g3opj@...> wrote:

                  > As you were, silly me, I have just taken a look at the 10uF capacitors only to discover they are not electrolytics.
                  >
                  > 73, Keith (G3OPJ)

                • Garin Jean-Paul
                  Message 8 of 12 , Mar 24, 2010
                    Hi all

                    THE KIT G3020 is ended and works correctly in cw. The only met problem was the forgetting of the jumper 10-1 situated in the South of the 2n3866; this has destroy  this one. After replacement of the transistor and the implementation of jumper 10-1, the trx G3020 works very well. To note a big heating of the IRF510 which necessite a ventilator for a more energetic cooling.
                    All this was able to be to bring to a successful conclusion thanks the educational software of WB5RVZ, still thanks to him, Nick and to all the members of the yahoosgroup.

                    73 of the F1HML / Jean-Paul

                    P.S. :my englich is bad,sorry !.

                  • R R Robson
                    Message 9 of 12 , Mar 24, 2010
                      Jean-Paul:

                      Congratulations on finishing your kit.  I am glad my work helped you.

                      tx es 73 de robby wb5rvz
                      What happens in the shack stays in the shack!
                      www.wb5rvz.com
                    • hharker@cisnet.com
                      Message 10 of 12 , Jun 4, 2014
                        Hi Nick!

                        I have a friend who I tried to talk in to buying a G59, and he just couldn't get past his fear of the 'work'. He finally built a Softrock and loved doing it, but by then the G59 was gone and the G11 had come out, but he wanted a multiband and the more 'complete or detailed' build. By the time the multiband board came out, he had once again lost interest.

                        If these G3020's aren't all scooped up by current Genesis customers, could I request one on his behalf and then have him join the group? If he and I build the G3020's together, I'm betting he'd buy a G59 now that it looks like they'll be back in production.

                        Seems that there may be enough interest in the G59 again, that the GPA10 and G59/GPA10 cases may be able to be brought back too?

                        Harry
                        KD8PQK

                          I want this PCB for build mine Nick, can you send me one ?

                          thanks
                          HI3MFR

                        • Michael Butler
                          Message 12 of 12 , Jun 4, 2014

                            Hi Nick,

                            I’d love to have a board  if you still have one. It would be nice to use it as an “IF” of sorts. It would complement the G59 on the bench

                            Thanks

                            Michael Butler

                            VE3BNB