Just received my G59MK3 today!

  • the_13th_saint_at_your_bidding
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 31 11:15 PM
      I received my package from the mail carrier with much anticipation today. I do have a few quick questions while I'm going through my bill of materials and inventorying the components.

      Do the MK3 boards have a serial number? I'd like keep track of my build as I've seen other folks doing on the message board.

      Also has the errata (http://www.genesisradio.com.au/G59/readme.html) been updated for the MK3? The RL1N trace looks like it has been corrected when I compared them.

      Thanks,

      -Daniel KE6PQV
    • Bruce Greenleaf KF1Z
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 1, 2011
        There are no serial numbers for mk2 or mk3.

        As far as I know, there are no board modifications to make on mk3.

        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 1, 2011
          Mine arrived yesterday as well.

          Is there a place I can find the details on the changes from MK II to MK III?

          Thanks!
          Bob

          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 1, 2011
            Now that we know Bruce burns in the kits he builds.... ;)
             Do you charge more for that burn time?

            Really my question is.
            Do you sell these kits direct?
            Do you only sell completed kits?
            When you order online do the kits come form Them or From you?
            How much do you charge to assemble them?
            How long of a wait would it take to buy one?
            Thanks
            Dean

            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 1, 2011
              Well, yes,
              Same as “Oxygen Free, burned in..” Audiophool cables...
              They are worth much more and preform 100 times better after a good over-ratings burn Smile

              I do sell the kits, as kits, OR assembled and tested.
              Same kit price as from Genesis.
              I get 10 or 20 kits at a time from Genesis to distribute in US and Canada.
              Right now, I have no stock. All spoken for from this last batch.

              If you order from me, I ship to you.
              If you order from Nick ( Genesis ) they are shipped to you from Australia.

              For G59 assembly and testing ( as of April 1st )... $225.00
              For GPA10  $100.00

              Once I have a kit here to assemble, right at the moment I have to say you’ll wait 8 to 10 weeks.
              Most of the time it is quicker, but really depends on how many projects I have here to do already.
              Right now I have 3 here to do, plus other non-sdr projects going.
              ( and then of course, there’s “life and family”.)

              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 1, 2011
                Thanks
                Dean

                From: "Bruce Greenleaf KF1Z" <kf1z@...>