Re: Question on GSDR Main RX Filter since upgrading to 2/15/2011 version

  • yt7pwr2002
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 2 11:41 PM
      Go to Setup->DSP->Options->Buffer Size
      In latest update I add separate buffer size for CW,Phone and Digital modes and initially value is 128.Smaller buffer size equal wider filter skirt and vice versa.For CW 4096 is best choice(CPU more demanding) and for Phone and Digital modes 1024(or 2048) are optimal.

      73 yt7pwr

      --- In GenesisRadio@yahoogroups.com, "Hank" <hank@...> wrote:

      > Bruce,
      >
      > Since upgrading to 2/15 release of GSDR I am seeing something I did not notice before and am wonding if GSDR has a setting I have messed up or something else is wrong.
      >
      > When in USB or DIGU mode, strong signals below (2.5Khz) the Main RX filter can be heard through the speakers. It is more pronounced with a narrower RX Filter (signal being heard further from the RX filter when the RX filter is set at 1.0K vs say 3.3K).
      >
      > When in LSB or DIGL mode, this does not occur. In other words, signals above or below the RX filter are not heard.
      >
      > It is almost like USB is behaving like AM mode with both sidbands being decoded and coming through the speaker.
      >
      > When I noticed this the first time, I was receiving in JT65 mode and I could hear CW signals below the RX filter like I had them tuned inside the RX window. I had to double chech the display but the CW was well below (2.5Khz) the RX filter.
      >
      > I am wondering if I have something setup wrong or if something changed in this version of GSDR.
      >
      > I am thinking of going back to previous version, but I am running Win 7 64bit and like the fact this was developed for that mode.
      >
      > I have posted an image in my folder on the web site with this shown in GSDR to make this question more clear.
      >
      > BTW, I happly passed my extra ticket exam this past weekend, YES!
      >
      > 73,
      >
      > Hank
      > WZ3HMT

    • Hank
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 3 10:50 AM
        YT7PWR,

        Thank you for the info. I thought I was going crazy.

        73,

        Hank
        WZ3HMT

        --- In GenesisRadio@yahoogroups.com, "yt7pwr2002" <yt7pwr@...> wrote:

        > Go to Setup->DSP->Options->Buffer Size
        > In latest update I add separate buffer size for CW,Phone and Digital modes and initially value is 128.Smaller buffer size equal wider filter skirt and vice versa.For CW 4096 is best choice(CPU more demanding) and for Phone and Digital modes 1024(or 2048) are optimal.
        >

        > 73 yt7pwr
        >

        > --- In GenesisRadio@yahoogroups.com, "Hank" <hank@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Bruce,
        > >
        > > Since upgrading to 2/15 release of GSDR I am seeing something I did not notice before and am wonding if GSDR has a setting I have messed up or something else is wrong.
        > >
        > > When in USB or DIGU mode, strong signals below (2.5Khz) the Main RX filter can be heard through the speakers. It is more pronounced with a narrower RX Filter (signal being heard further from the RX filter when the RX filter is set at 1.0K vs say 3.3K).
        > >
        > > When in LSB or DIGL mode, this does not occur. In other words, signals above or below the RX filter are not heard.
        > >
        > > It is almost like USB is behaving like AM mode with both sidbands being decoded and coming through the speaker.
        > >
        > > When I noticed this the first time, I was receiving in JT65 mode and I could hear CW signals below the RX filter like I had them tuned inside the RX window. I had to double chech the display but the CW was well below (2.5Khz) the RX filter.
        > >
        > > I am wondering if I have something setup wrong or if something changed in this version of GSDR.
        > >
        > > I am thinking of going back to previous version, but I am running Win 7 64bit and like the fact this was developed for that mode.
        > >
        > > I have posted an image in my folder on the web site with this shown in GSDR to make this question more clear.
        > >
        > > BTW, I happly passed my extra ticket exam this past weekend, YES!
        > >
        > > 73,
        > >
        > > Hank
        > > WZ3HMT

      • Hank
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 3 10:55 AM

          Thank you, I didn't know there was a newer version than 2/15. I will upgrade to 2/24 version. I should have checked that first.

          73,

          Hank