Re: [GenesisRadio] JT65-HF nightmare [1 Attachment]

  • Preston Douglas
    Message 1 of 36 , Dec 2 5:38 AM
      Yes, I have two suggestions.  JT65 is more sensitive than some other digital modes--except maybe for Easy Pal digital SSTV.  Make sure your Virtual Audio lines have at least 48k of bandwidth, but try to reduce the bandwidth setting in VAC in PSDR or GSDR to 28K.  And reduce the speed of the JT65-HF waterfall to 3.  I see you have it set at 5.  At five setting I get erratic behavior.  This seems to be more of a program flaw than related to computer overload, but perhaps it works better on a fast machine.  I am running a 3 Gig machine with 3 Gig of ram and it seems to run under 20% CPU usage with these programs running--so I'm betting it's the program.  But I found that the JT65 works reliably only when the waterfall moves at 3 or so.  Also, the smooth setting seems to make little difference.

      Preston Douglas  WJ2V

      Message 36 of 36 , Dec 3 10:32 AM
        Playing JT65a right now on 20meters...

        Making contacts... so far so good.