Re: [GenesisRadio] Re: G59 serial 017 and WSPR

  • Marc Pauwels
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 2, 2010
      ok Goran,

      big test tonight !!

      marc

      Sibelius bvba
      Nobels Peelmanstraat 4
      9100 Sint-Niklaas
      tel 03/776 23 79
      fax 03/ 777 84 60
      www.sibelius-graphics.be
      skypename: sibelius01

      On 02 Nov 2010, at 08:39, yt7pwr2002 wrote:

      Direct PTT is even more simpler to setup.You need N8VB virtual COM port driver or similar.Connect two ports in configuration program and in GSDR use PTT Control instead of CAT Control(choose between DTR and RTS pins for control).This PTT method is recommended for external programs(like HRD,WinPSK...).

      73 yt7pwr

      --- In GenesisRadio@yahoogroups.com, Marc Pauwels <sibelius@...> wrote:

      > Tnx Goran, CAT connection and WSPR version 2,1 works with me
      > intermittently : after some time I loose the connection between WSPR
      > and G59 - sometimes it works fine, but nevere longer than about 5 - 8
      > minutes - Direct PTT control I have not been able to get that working
      > yet.
      >
      > I'll try intalling XP SP3 and see.
      >
      > Vox : that explains it!
      >
      > 73
      > marc
      > ON4EZ
      >
      > Sibelius bvba
      > Nobels Peelmanstraat 4
      > 9100 Sint-Niklaas
      > tel 03/776 23 79
      > fax 03/ 777 84 60
      > www.sibelius-graphics.be
      > sibelius@...
      > skypename: sibelius01
      >

      > On 31 Oct 2010, at 22:46, yt7pwr2002 wrote:
      >
      > > I having problem with new WSPR 2.1(need more time for tests).You
      > > can send PTT command direct or via CAT protocol.Direct is working
      > > fine but CAT gives error.WSPR use hamlib for Flex radio(still in
      > > early develop phase).
      > > Abou VOX:you need one sound card with 4 inputs(like Delta 44) or
      > > two with 2 inputs.In configuration with two cards main process I/Q
      > > from radio and VAC deals with microphone and speaker.Open VAC
      > > settings and point Input to mic device(you must set manually mic as
      > > source of signal) and Output to speaker device.Start VAC,VOX and
      > > watch VU-meter moving underneath VOX slider(if everything is set
      > > correctly).
      > >
      > > 73 yt7pwr
      > >
      > > --- In GenesisRadio@yahoogroups.com, Marc Pauwels <sibelius@>
      > > wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Goran,
      > > >
      > > > try the WSPR 2.1 - has support for softrock, phase correction,
      > > > etc ... and most important : doesn't crash when going on transmit -
      > > > download llink in attached pdf - this brings me to another point :
      > > >
      > > > my VOX control doesn't work ! II can check or uncheck any box, it
      > > > never works ? what am I forgetting ?
      > > >
      > > > Have a nice WE
      > > >
      > > > marcc
      > > > ON4EZ
      > > >

      > > > Sibelius bvba
      > > > Nobels Peelmanstraat 4
      > > > 9100 Sint-Niklaas
      > > > tel 03/776 23 79
      > > > fax 03/ 777 84 60
      > > > www.sibelius-graphics.be
      > > > sibelius@
      > > > skypename: sibelius01

    • herr_kaleun
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 2, 2010
        See this settings:
        http://www.genesisradio.com.au/yt1dl/wspr.shtml

        Virtual com port can be downloaded from http://www.genesis.com.au/yt1dl/N8VBvCOMSetup-226a.exe

        vy 73 de YT1DK, Dusan

        --- In GenesisRadio@yahoogroups.com, Marc Pauwels <sibelius@...> wrote:

        > ok Goran,
        >
        > big test tonight !!
        >
        > marc
        >
        > Sibelius bvba
        > Nobels Peelmanstraat 4
        > 9100 Sint-Niklaas
        > tel 03/776 23 79
        > fax 03/ 777 84 60
        > www.sibelius-graphics.be
        > sibelius@...
        > skypename: sibelius01
        >

        > On 02 Nov 2010, at 08:39, yt7pwr2002 wrote:
        >
        > > Direct PTT is even more simpler to setup.You need N8VB virtual COM
        > > port driver or similar.Connect two ports in configuration program
        > > and in GSDR use PTT Control instead of CAT Control(choose between
        > > DTR and RTS pins for control).This PTT method is recommended for
        > > external programs(like HRD,WinPSK...).
        > >
        > > 73 yt7pwr
        > >
        > > --- In GenesisRadio@yahoogroups.com, Marc Pauwels <sibelius@>
        > > wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Tnx Goran, CAT connection and WSPR version 2,1 works with me
        > > > intermittently : after some time I loose the connection between WSPR
        > > > and G59 - sometimes it works fine, but nevere longer than about 5
        > > - 8
        > > > minutes - Direct PTT control I have not been able to get that
        > > working
        > > > yet.
        > > >
        > > > I'll try intalling XP SP3 and see.
        > > >
        > > > Vox : that explains it!
        > > >
        > > > 73
        > > > marc
        > > > ON4EZ
        > > >
        > > > Sibelius bvba
        > > > Nobels Peelmanstraat 4
        > > > 9100 Sint-Niklaas
        > > > tel 03/776 23 79
        > > > fax 03/ 777 84 60
        > > > www.sibelius-graphics.be
        > > > sibelius@
        > > > skypename: sibelius01

        > > mic as

        > > transmit -
        > > point :

        > > box, it

      • Marc Pauwels
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 15, 2010
        Tasa,  Goran,

        attached WSPR reports from last night on 80m - bear in mind my antenna setup : shorted vertical, one radial pointing W, one meter above ground! (I really
        have to do something about that SOON !!!)
        (I
      • Johnny Matlock
        Message 4 of 8 , Dec 16, 2010
          Good Job Marc!