RE: [GenesisRadio] G59 Image Rejection

  • Thomas Tedesco
    Message 1 of 24 , Oct 2, 2010

      Ya the card is  responding correctly.  Its stereo and I have everything ready to go.  If I swing the balance to the right the gain increases but if I swing to the left it will reduce then all signals are cutoff.

      Message 2 of 24 , Oct 2, 2010
        Ok... "good".

        Is the cable itself ok?

        Check that to be sure.....

        Then we'll move on to the G59 board itself.

        The left channel seems dead.

        But make sure the cable is good first,

        Sent: Saturday, October 02, 2010 5:50 PM

        Sent: Saturday, October 02, 2010 5:18 PM

        Sent: Saturday, October 02, 2010 3:56 PM

        Message 3 of 24 , Oct 2, 2010
          I decided to check the board since everything checked out and I found, almost by luck, by moving ICR1 ever so slightly in one direction fixes everything. With a slight hand contortion all is well! hihi Thanks for the help Bruce.

          --- In GenesisRadio@yahoogroups.com, "Bruce Greenleaf KF1Z" <kf1z@...> wrote:

          > Ok... "good".
          >
          > Is the cable itself ok?
          >
          > Check that to be sure.....
          >
          > Then we'll move on to the G59 board itself.
          >
          > The left channel seems dead.
          >
          > But make sure the cable is good first,
          >

          > Bruce

        • Bruce Greenleaf KF1Z
          Message 4 of 24 , Oct 4, 2010
            Is it in a socket?

            If not, seems like some re-soldering is in order  :-)

            If so.... consider not using a socket for the opamps..

            Glad you found it!

            I decided to check the board since everything checked out and I found, almost by luck, by moving ICR1 ever so slightly in one direction fixes everything. With a slight hand contortion all is well! hihi Thanks for the help Bruce.

            --- In GenesisRadio@yahoogroups.com, "Bruce Greenleaf KF1Z" <kf1z@...> wrote:

            > Ok... "good".
            >
            > Is the cable itself ok?
            >
            > Check that to be sure.....
            >
            > Then we'll move on to the G59 board itself.
            >
            > The left channel seems dead.
            >
            > But make sure the cable is good first,
            >

            > Bruce

            Database version: 6.16000

            Database version: 6.16000
          • vk3drt@netspace.net.au
            Message 5 of 24 , Aug 12, 2016

              Hi All,

              I have just completed the RX section of a G59.  It appears to work ok except for the image rejection.  If I input a signal of     -60dBm,  after enabling the RX the image comes in at around -95, then over the next 30 seconds or so it creeps up to -75.  It is as if the software is tuning for a peak rather than a dip.  (I haven't been able to adjust the hardware as the creeping makes it to hard, but I don't think it's the issue).

              I an using an Asus Xonar U7 card.

              Any ideas?

              Cheers,

              Dave VK3DRT.

            • Bruce Greenleaf kf1z
              Message 6 of 24 , Aug 12, 2016
                you must STOP WBIR before adjusting hardware.

                Check the "WBIR Fixed" box

                Make sure Gain and Phase are set to 0

                However, the "creeping up" makes me assume a hardware problem. Not software

                Message 7 of 24 , Aug 12, 2016
                  Hi Bruce,

                  Thanks for your rapid response.  You pointed me in the right direction, I just needed to select WBIR fixed and do the software calibration with the phase and gain. all good now.  The hardware calibration worked fine too, just half a turn from 330 ohms..

                  Thanks for you help.

                  Cheers,

                  Dave.

                  Sent from my iPad

                  Message 8 of 24 , Aug 13, 2016
                    Well,

                    You'll likely find you don't like that setup.

                    especially if you use a greater sample rate than 48khz.

                    you'll find images popping up once you get a ways from the exact frequency you
                    calibrated with.

                    But, it shows hardware is likely ok,
                    and that WBIR calibration needed a much stronger signal
                    to start with, ( –60dbm not enough)

                    the calibration signal should be a minimum of –60dbm above the noise floor.

                    THEN the Reset button clicked, then Save

                    But, if you're happy with no WBIR, then all is well.