Re: [GenesisRadio] no voltage @ Phase 10 testpoint

  • Bruce Greenleaf KF1Z
    Message 1 of 31 , May 30 3:54 PM
      Hadn't thought of that one!

      Thanks!

      Sent: Sunday, May 30, 2010 6:36 PM
      Subject: Re: [GenesisRadio] no voltage @ Phase 10 testpoint

      A quick tip for slider fine tuning: click on slider's handle, release click, and then use your mouse wheel...

      Dragan, 4O4A

      On 30.5.2010 18:51, Bruce Greenleaf KF1Z wrote:

      Also,
      You may notice...

      But the sliders are VERY touchy...

      You must move them very slowly...
      "dip" the nul ass best you can....
      THEN
      use the little arrow buttons next to the numbers to fine-adjust.

      Possibly you may just be missing the sweet-spot.. /

      Sent: Sunday, May 30, 2010 12:15 PM

      Okay, I was able to get both pots adjusted correctly now.  However, I am still unable to suppress the transmit image it’s still S9.  I have tried to adjust the TX suppression pot slowly and can’t get the S meter to move on my FT-897.  It still says S9.  I have also tried moving the sliders under the DSP tab in GSDR and I can tell a slight difference when I move the gain slider but the S meter on my rig still says S9.  I’ve tried moving my temporary antenna further away and have backed the RF from GSDR down to 1.  Does anyone have any ideas on what to try next?  This is getting rather frustrating.  I’m so close to getting this thing finished it’s about to drive me nuts.

      73 Matt

      W5LL

      Message 31 of 31 , Jun 1, 2010
        Hi Bruce,

        That got it! Thanks so much for all your help. Had to back my mic volume all the way down to almost nothing before my audio wasn't distorted. I was so happy to finally get this going I threw out a CQ on 20m asking for audio report and first call WD9IDV came back to me and told me my audio sounded good. I then exlained to him what I was talking on and he was very interested and may even purchase a kit. I was so excited and lost track of tme that it made me late for work!

        73 Matt
        W5LL
        G3020 #78