Re: GSDR Ver. 1.1

  • yt7pwr2002
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 5, 2010
      You need folder:
      http://www.genesisradio.com.au/GSDR/new/Skins/
      or unrar from:
      1. http://www.genesisradio.com.au/GSDR/new/GSDR1.1Feb22.rar
      (all files,including skins folder)
      Also download latest DttSP.dll:
      http://www.genesisradio.com.au/GSDR/new/DttSP.dll

      73 yt7pwr

      --- In GenesisRadio@yahoogroups.com, "radio4me72" <radio4me72@...> wrote:

      > Using issue 15032010 and note that the slider controls are not visible on the GUI - selecting each of the 'G'series radio options available - with XP or Vista
      >
      > At least 12 sliders were available and operated OK in version 1.0
      >
      > Also when selecting the New Look VFO in ver 1.1 the S meter does not show the scale, which is in the GDSR folder, along with slider buttons etc.
      > There are 41 files in that folder which includes both genesis.exe files
      >
      > I followed the genesis site instructions re other programs needed to be installed prior to the GSDR program - can someone tell me where have I gone wrong?
      >
      > Brian

    • radio4me72
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 5, 2010
        Thanks Goran
        I did have all the Feb22.rar files installed which also contained skin files - I downloaded another set of skin files to replace the Feb22 skin files - no change

        As a double check I started again with a fresh directory and unpacked the Feb22.rar file, replaced the genesis.exe files with the latest release and also the DttSP.dll

        Same result unfortunately - no sliders or new s meter face

        You indicate that there is a skins folder in the Feb22.rar - I did not see a sub folder so will find another rar unpack program and see what it does

        Very puzzling!

        73 Brian VK6ABM

        --- In GenesisRadio@yahoogroups.com, "yt7pwr2002" <yt7pwr@...> wrote:

        > You need folder:
        > http://www.genesisradio.com.au/GSDR/new/Skins/
        > or unrar from:
        > 1. http://www.genesisradio.com.au/GSDR/new/GSDR1.1Feb22.rar
        > (all files,including skins folder)
        > Also download latest DttSP.dll:
        > http://www.genesisradio.com.au/GSDR/new/DttSP.dll
        >
        > 73 yt7pwr
        >

        > --- In GenesisRadio@yahoogroups.com, "radio4me72" <radio4me72@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Using issue 15032010 and note that the slider controls are not visible on the GUI - selecting each of the 'G'series radio options available - with XP or Vista
        > >
        > > At least 12 sliders were available and operated OK in version 1.0
        > >
        > > Also when selecting the New Look VFO in ver 1.1 the S meter does not show the scale, which is in the GDSR folder, along with slider buttons etc.
        > > There are 41 files in that folder which includes both genesis.exe files
        > >
        > > I followed the genesis site instructions re other programs needed to be installed prior to the GSDR program - can someone tell me where have I gone wrong?
        > >
        > > Brian

      • radio4me72
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 5, 2010
          Goran
          Success at last!
          The .rar unpacker I was using, while unpacking all the files, did not preserve the folder hierarchy in the process

          Downloaded another program which did preserve the file structure - now I have all these new controls to "play with"

          Thanks for your assistance - your note indicating sub folders was the clue I needed !!

          73 Brian