Re: [GenesisRadio] G-40

  • Bruce Greenleaf KF1Z
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 3, 2010
      Well,

      Without being sarcastic...  use Flux-Remover.

      Some have used alcohol, and things of that nature (or DEnatured)

      But you need to be carefull about the jacks and potentiometers etc....
      Some of these solvents can melt the plastic....

      It is most helpfull to know the type of flux used, to know what solvent will remove it the best.

      I myself use "Stoner Heavy-Duty Flux Remover"... seems to work well with a bunch of different fluxes.

      Look around on ebay for small quantity cans...

      Some of these things are $30 per spray-can!

      So if you look on ebay, you may come across a good deal.

      Then, just use an old toothbrush, and scrub and rinse.

      Sent: Wednesday, March 03, 2010 GMT--5 13:36 1:36PM
      Subject: [GenesisRadio] G-40

      Hello to all....

      I'm completing a G-40 that was partly built before I bought it and was wondering if anyone has a solution (pun intended) for cleaning excess solder flux off a PC board. I've used contact cleaner and it got maybe 80% off, but I want the board clean! Thanks for any suggestions and I'll be asking more questions on the G-40. I'm building a G-3020 at the same time, but plan to get the '40 on the air first.

      Ron W0LPZ