Re: GSDR not work

  • Goran
    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 26, 2013
      Do not mix 32bit GSDR files with 64bit versions!
      Latest PA19.dll have support for all Windows sound API: MME,ASIO,WindowsDirectSound, WDM-KS (Windows 2000 and XP) plus WASAPI (Vista, Win7 and Win8). In older library WASAPI is missing.
      Do you have virtual sound card software installed? Did try you erase database.xml?

      73 yt7pwr

      --- In GenesisRadio@yahoogroups.com, "jl1vnq" <jl1vnq@...> wrote:

      > Thank you for reply, Goran.
      >
      > Older update file(may be isuued at last year) is OK, but latest update files(28012013, 13042013) are NG...
      >
      > For 32bit, when old PA19.dll file replace, program work OK.
      > But for 64 bit(GSDR 2.0.0 x64), not work yet.
      >
      > Haru JL1VNQ

    • jl1vnq
      Message 2 of 13 , Jul 26, 2013
        I erased database.xml. But GSDR did not work out the same dialog message.
        I do not have installed virtual sound card software.
        Is it necessary to install a virtual sound card software?

        Haru JL1VNQ

        --- In GenesisRadio@yahoogroups.com, "Goran" <yt7pwr@...> wrote:

        > Do not mix 32bit GSDR files with 64bit versions!
        > Latest PA19.dll have support for all Windows sound API: MME,ASIO,WindowsDirectSound, WDM-KS (Windows 2000 and XP) plus WASAPI (Vista, Win7 and Win8). In older library WASAPI is missing.
        > Do you have virtual sound card software installed? Did try you erase database.xml?
        >

        > 73 yt7pwr
        >

        > --- In GenesisRadio@yahoogroups.com, "jl1vnq" <jl1vnq@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Thank you for reply, Goran.
        > >
        > > Older update file(may be isuued at last year) is OK, but latest update files(28012013, 13042013) are NG...
        > >
        > > For 32bit, when old PA19.dll file replace, program work OK.
        > > But for 64 bit(GSDR 2.0.0 x64), not work yet.
        > >
        > > Haru JL1VNQ

      • Goran
        Message 3 of 13 , Jul 27, 2013
          No, it's not. Message box error could happen on two occasion: during initialization primary sound card or VAC. It is generated from PA19.dll but I'm not sure which audio API is causing it.
          Try to download: http://genesisradio.com.au/GSDR/new/PA19.zip
          Inside are three different PA19.dll with different sound API combination. Unpack, rename one by one file to PA19.dll and replace old one. Which combination working?

          73 yt7pwr

          --- In GenesisRadio@yahoogroups.com, "jl1vnq" <jl1vnq@...> wrote:

          > I erased database.xml. But GSDR did not work out the same dialog message.
          > I do not have installed virtual sound card software.
          > Is it necessary to install a virtual sound card software?
          >
          > Haru JL1VNQ

        • jl1vnq
          Message 4 of 13 , Jul 27, 2013
            I tried each of the three PA19.dll files.
            GSDR worked only with "PA19_only_MME_ASIO.dll" file.
            However, audio output can be heard only one channel.(both MME and ASIO driver selection)

            Haru JL1VNQ

            --- In GenesisRadio@yahoogroups.com, "Goran" <yt7pwr@...> wrote:

            > No, it's not. Message box error could happen on two occasion: during initialization primary sound card or VAC. It is generated from PA19.dll but I'm not sure which audio API is causing it.
            > Try to download: http://genesisradio.com.au/GSDR/new/PA19.zip
            > Inside are three different PA19.dll with different sound API combination. Unpack, rename one by one file to PA19.dll and replace old one. Which combination working?
            >

            > 73 yt7pwr
            >

            > --- In GenesisRadio@yahoogroups.com, "jl1vnq" <jl1vnq@> wrote:
            > >
            > > I erased database.xml. But GSDR did not work out the same dialog message.
            > > I do not have installed virtual sound card software.
            > > Is it necessary to install a virtual sound card software?
            > >
            > > Haru JL1VNQ

          • Goran
            Message 5 of 13 , Jul 27, 2013
              You are hearing only one channel using VAC as primary microphone/speaker device? Change VAC option to 2 channel. If not using VAC then on main screen set pan sliders to middle position (at the bottom of the screen in Sub RX group box).
              You said previously GSDR is tested on WinXP and Win7. If on Win7 only works MME and ASIO combination then problem could be WASAPI (mising drivers, UAC permission maybe?).

              73 yt7pwr

              --- In GenesisRadio@yahoogroups.com, "jl1vnq" <jl1vnq@...> wrote:

              > I tried each of the three PA19.dll files.
              > GSDR worked only with "PA19_only_MME_ASIO.dll" file.
              > However, audio output can be heard only one channel.(both MME and ASIO driver selection)
              >
              > Haru JL1VNQ

            • jl1vnq
              Message 6 of 13 , Jul 27, 2013
                Pan slider of main RX has shifted the left side by default.
                When I set the slider in the middle, sound came out from both channels.

                thanks.

                I tested on win7 first.

                Now when I tested on winXP, all of PA19 files(_no_WDMKS, _no_WDMKS_WDS, _only_MME_ASIO) were OK. But original PA19.dll was NG.

                Haru JL1VNQ

                --- In GenesisRadio@yahoogroups.com, "Goran" <yt7pwr@...> wrote:

                > You are hearing only one channel using VAC as primary microphone/speaker device? Change VAC option to 2 channel. If not using VAC then on main screen set pan sliders to middle position (at the bottom of the screen in Sub RX group box).
                > You said previously GSDR is tested on WinXP and Win7. If on Win7 only works MME and ASIO combination then problem could be WASAPI (mising drivers, UAC permission maybe?).
                >

                > 73 yt7pwr
                >

                > --- In GenesisRadio@yahoogroups.com, "jl1vnq" <jl1vnq@> wrote:
                > >
                > > I tried each of the three PA19.dll files.
                > > GSDR worked only with "PA19_only_MME_ASIO.dll" file.
                > > However, audio output can be heard only one channel.(both MME and ASIO driver selection)
                > >
                > > Haru JL1VNQ

              • Goran
                Message 7 of 13 , Jul 28, 2013
                  Haru, you are the first one with this type of error. What exactly is your PC component list? Dis you try do download GSDR update again? Can you send faulty PA19.dll to yt7pwr@... for analysis.

                  73 yt7pwr

                  --- In GenesisRadio@yahoogroups.com, "jl1vnq" <jl1vnq@...> wrote:

                  > Pan slider of main RX has shifted the left side by default.
                  > When I set the slider in the middle, sound came out from both channels.
                  >
                  > thanks.
                  >
                  > I tested on win7 first.
                  >
                  > Now when I tested on winXP, all of PA19 files(_no_WDMKS, _no_WDMKS_WDS, _only_MME_ASIO) were OK. But original PA19.dll was NG.
                  >
                  > Haru JL1VNQ

                • jl1vnq
                  Message 8 of 13 , Jul 28, 2013
                    Goran, I sent e-mail with faulty PA19.dll.
                    Thanks.

                    Haru JL1VNQ

                    --- In GenesisRadio@yahoogroups.com, "Goran" <yt7pwr@...> wrote:

                    > Haru, you are the first one with this type of error. What exactly is your PC component list? Dis you try do download GSDR update again? Can you send faulty PA19.dll to yt7pwr@... for analysis.
                    >

                    > 73 yt7pwr
                    >

                    > --- In GenesisRadio@yahoogroups.com, "jl1vnq" <jl1vnq@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Pan slider of main RX has shifted the left side by default.
                    > > When I set the slider in the middle, sound came out from both channels.
                    > >
                    > > thanks.
                    > >
                    > > I tested on win7 first.
                    > >
                    > > Now when I tested on winXP, all of PA19 files(_no_WDMKS, _no_WDMKS_WDS, _only_MME_ASIO) were OK. But original PA19.dll was NG.
                    > >
                    > > Haru JL1VNQ

                  • jl1vnq
                    Message 9 of 13 , Jul 29, 2013
                      Default System locale of Windows in my PC is JP .
                      Therefore, I changed system locale from JP to en-US.

                      All programs are working correct without alert dialogs.

                      Thanks for your very important hints, Goran.

                      --- In GenesisRadio@yahoogroups.com, "jl1vnq" <jl1vnq@...> wrote:

                      > Hi all,
                      >
                      > I did the installation and update of GSDR in my PCs (Windows 7 64bit Edition(JP) and Windows XP SP3(JP).
                      > However, when start the GSDR, the following dialog box is displayed during startup and the program fail. (Both 7 and XP)
                      >

                      > (start dialog messege)
                      >
                      > Error in Setup function!
                      > System.Runtime.InteropServices.SEHException: External component has thrown an exception.
                      > at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.PtrToStructureHelper(IntPtrptr, Object structure, Boolean allowValueClasses)
                      > at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.PtrToStructure(IntPtrptr, Type structureType)
                      > at PowerSDR.PA19.PA_GetDeviceInfo(Int32 device)
                      > at PowerSDR.Audio.GetPAInputdevices(Int32 hostIndex)
                      > at PowerSDR.Setup.GetHosts()
                      > at PowerSDR.Setup..ctor(Console c)
                      >
                      > (end dialog messege)
                      >
                      > I am in trouble because G11 does not work the above reasons X(
                      >
                      > Please advise me.
                      >

                      > Haru JL1VNQ

                    • takehikochanchan
                      Message 10 of 13 , Jul 1, 2014
                        Hi,

                        Is there any plan to fix the problem of JP default system local?

                        Neither WASAPI nor WDS-KS in Driver window of Sound Card would not show up with my Windows 8.1 PC.

                        It is inconvenient every time to change the default system local to en-US from JP and reboot to run GSDR.

                        Regards,

                        de JA5AEA