Re: [GenesisRadio] G11 not work

  • Bruce kf1z
    Message 1 of 14 , Jul 22, 2013
      In GSDR "about" should definitely show correct firmware version when flashprogrammer  is closed.

      Do you still see a green "USB" button ? or is it red?

      Please email or post some nice clear pictures of the board.

      BRuce
      kf1z

      Sent: Monday, July 22, 2013 9:03 AM
      Subject: [GenesisRadio] G11 not work

      Dear friends .. 73

        I have been in touch with Bruce, but I decided to post my problem with the G11 Kit, it may be that someone here has had the same problem and have been able to resolve.

        I started assembling my G11 (+ multiband) and the tests were correct, to the point of reception test before installing the filters ...

         I am not able to hear any station, but I hear white noise.

        Setup:

        Dell Notebook
        Antenna RX2: A piece of wire of 1 meter.

        I noticed that the boot load mode when I upgrade the firmware, the GSDR shows me in "about" the correct version of the firmware, but if I exit the boot load the GSDR not show me more version. Is this correct?

         Can anyone help me solve this mystery??

          TU / 73
      Carlos Alberto - PY4XX

      --

    • Carlos Alberto
      Message 2 of 14 , Jul 22, 2013
      Hi  Bruce... 73...

       No... The button "USB" is red..

       I sent  you  any  pictures of my board...

       TU...

      Sent: Monday, July 22, 2013 9:03 AM

      Dear friends .. 73

        I have been in touch with Bruce, but I decided to post my problem with the G11 Kit, it may be that someone here has had the same problem and have been able to resolve.

        I started assembling my G11 (+ multiband) and the tests were correct, to the point of reception test before installing the filters ...

         I am not able to hear any station, but I hear white noise.

        Setup:

        Dell Notebook
        Antenna RX2: A piece of wire of 1 meter.

        I noticed that the boot load mode when I upgrade the firmware, the GSDR shows me in "about" the correct version of the firmware, but if I exit the boot load the GSDR not show me more version. Is this correct?

         Can anyone help me solve this mystery??

          TU / 73
      Carlos Alberto - PY4XX

      Carlos Alberto

       PY4XX - PT4C - PX4X

      Without CW I'm just CB.

      Araucária DX Group Member

      Rio DX Group Member

      JEDI DX Team Member

      CTC Member
    • Bruce kf1z
      Message 3 of 14 , Jul 22, 2013
        First off, we need to see why USB is not working.

        When you power down the board,
        Ground both paddle connections to ground....
        power the board, wait 5-10 secons, unground the paddles....

        Start G11 flashproggrammer.....

        Does it say "Boot" mode in flashprogrammer?
        Does it say "connected!" at the bottom?

        Then click erase, the write..

        Does the connected go from connected to disconnected, then back to connected again?
        And now mode says "Firmware"?

        If none or some of this is NOT true...

        Are you POSITIVE, that your USB port is USB2.0, and NOT USB1.1 ?
        did you try a different USB cable ( short one)

        BRuce

        Message 4 of 14 , Jul 23, 2013
         Hi Bruce...

        Does it say "Boot" mode in flashprogrammer?  YES is "Boot"
        Does it say "connected!" at the bottom?  YES is connected

        Then click erase, the write..  I do

        Does the connected go from connected to disconnected, then back to connected again?
        And now mode says "Firmware"?  Yes ... After upload, disconnect and go to firmware...

        If none or some of this is NOT true...  All this is correct, but not listen nothing.

        Are you POSITIVE, that your USB port is USB2.0, and NOT USB1.1 ?
        did you try a different USB cable ( short one) Yes... The USB is 2.0

          I have in the  folder GSDR,  4 files of firmware:
         G11firmware.bin
         G11firmware_extATU.bin
         G59firmware.bin
         G59firmware_extATU.bin

           I'm using the G11firmware.bin... Ver. 0.14

          The G59firmware is  ver. 1.19

           With G11firmware, the button  is green, but not receive.

            Please, see the attach.

        73

        Message 5 of 14 , Jul 23, 2013
          So you now are able to see firmware version in "about"
          And USB button is now green?

          Please send a screenshot of the panadapteer window,
          and, the soundcard setup screen in gsdr

          bruce

          Message 6 of 14 , Jul 23, 2013
            It is not critical error if no message text in About form (sometime need twice to open). Green USB is good sign. Relay (BPF or TX) clicking is confirmation PC->G11 direction, PTT (or any keyer command) will confirm G11->PC direction.

            73 yt7pwr

            --- In GenesisRadio@yahoogroups.com, "Bruce kf1z" <kf1z@...> wrote:

            > So you now are able to see firmware version in "about"
            > And USB button is now green?
            >
            > Please send a screenshot of the panadapteer window,
            > and, the soundcard setup screen in gsdr
            >
            > bruce

          • Carlos Alberto
            Message 7 of 14 , Jul 23, 2013
            Hi Bruce... 73...
            Yes... Now I see the version in  "About" og  GSDR...

             But... The version is  0.1.4 and  not  1.1.9 as G59firmware... it's correct ???

              Pleas see the pictures attached and the movie  in  http://youtu.be/rMhHB9zun5s..

             TU

              Carlos Alberto = PY4XX

            Message 8 of 14 , Jul 23, 2013
              Hi Goran... 73...

              Really, the G11 and  PC is  talking...
               When I press the  keyer,  the LED Red of Transmission  lights.

               I Belive that  the problem is only  not receive...

               TU / 73...

              --
              Carlos Alberto

               PY4XX - PT4C - PX4X

              Without CW I'm just CB.

              Araucária DX Group Member

              Rio DX Group Member

              JEDI DX Team Member

              CTC Member
            • Bruce kf1z
              Message 9 of 14 , Jul 23, 2013
                G59 and G11 firmware are not interchangeable.

                The version number difference is irrelevant

                BRuce

                Message 10 of 14 , Jul 23, 2013
                  You can use very simple test method: with finger (or with small screwdriver or sharp needle) touch points in I/Q chain starting from G11 AF output (sound card input). Entire spectrum must react in chaotic way. If you have small AF signal generator inject very weak, several KHz sine signal and follow I/Q AF amplifier chain up to receiver mixer. Then check mixer and BPF (you need RF signal generator). Small surplus Xtal oscillator from old PC (4-20MHz) will do job just fine. Did you check Si570 frequency?

                  73 yt7pwr

                  --- In GenesisRadio@yahoogroups.com, Carlos Alberto <py4xx@...> wrote:

                  > Hi Goran... 73...
                  >
                  > Really, the G11 and PC is talking...
                  > When I press the keyer, the LED Red of Transmission lights.
                  >
                  > I Belive that the problem is only not receive...
                  >
                  > TU / 73...

                • Carlos Alberto
                  Message 11 of 14 , Jul 23, 2013
                    Hi Goran...

                     Well... My  counter  is not very precision. I builded the  Counter of DL4YHF but show me approximate the value...

                     Where must be  56.080Mhz  I have 56.040Mhz +/-

                     Now, a good news...  My G11 is  listen stations, but....  ( always have a but ... hi hi ) the audio is very very  low...

                      I perceived too, that  G11 is slightly off frequency.

                     I leaved my other radio in a frequency ( 50.100Mhz ) sending  CW beacon with 5W  and the G11  received in  50.094Mhz.

                     This may be due to the frequency SI570 be even a little off ?

                      I believe that now missing bit, to put it correctly, and I can continue with the mounting the Kit ..

                     TU / 73...

                     Carlos Alberto - PY4XX

                    --
                    Carlos Alberto

                     PY4XX - PT4C - PX4X

                    Without CW I'm just CB.

                    Araucária DX Group Member

                    Rio DX Group Member

                    JEDI DX Team Member

                    CTC Member
                  • Bruce kf1z
                    Message 12 of 14 , Jul 23, 2013
                      ALL Si570 need to be calibrated to be on the correct frequency.

                      the audio being low.... well, windows volume controls, the AF and RF sliders in GSDR all should help

                      for Si570 calibration see here:

                      Glad you are making progress!

                      Sent: Tuesday, July 23, 2013 9:39 PM
                      Subject: Re: [GenesisRadio] Re: G11 not work

                      --
                      Carlos Alberto

                       PY4XX - PT4C - PX4X

                      Without CW I'm just CB.

                      Araucária DX Group Member

                      Rio DX Group Member

                      JEDI DX Team Member

                      CTC Member
                    • Carlos Alberto
                      Message 13 of 14 , Jul 24, 2013
                        Hi Bruce...  GM...

                         I expressed myself badly ... Where written audio signal, meant, RF signal ...

                          The volume of Audio Speaker is at the end and also GSDR.

                          I put my FT-2000 in the frequency of the station, and listen well, but GSDR, even with the total volume in both the computer and GSDR RF Gain maximum also the audio station was very low.

                          I am now with a Delta Loop antenna for 40M in GSDR. So I believe the problem is not the antenna.
                          Sorry I have expressed myself badly ...

                          73 / TU

                          Carlos Alberto-PY4XX

                        Sent: Tuesday, July 23, 2013 9:39 PM