Re: [GenesisRadio] Mounting the RF16HHF1 mosfet

  • Bruce kf1z
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 13, 2013
      it should NOT have insulators.

      A little dab of grease is a good thing.

      I have a G11 running here now that has no grease, and I run it at times
      beyond what is recommended, and have not lost a device yet.

      Keep in mind there is a thin layer of soft metal ( Bizmuth?) on the tabs of a lot
      of devices, and this metal will somewhat conform to the heatsink, which
      helps with heat dissipation.

      You can use thin "Sil-Pads" ( silicon thermal pads) , instead of grease, but do not use screw insulators.

      the tab of these devices is tied to the Source pin, so it should
      remain at ground potential.