Re: [GenesisRadio] Crimping tools.

  • Milo Austin
    Message 1 of 5 , May 22 6:35 AM
      Use good heat and as quick solder time as possible to avoid wicking solder up the wire.  I have always been a fan of soldering all kinds of terminals.  But especially with small strand wires, soldering tends to increase the chance of the wire breaking inside the insulation with use. More especially if it is a connector where the wire may be partially used to pull the connector off.  As has been in all soldering instructions since the beginning of electronics, make sure you have a good mechanical connection before soldering.

      My 2 cents,
      Milo, KF5GCF

      On Tue, May 21, 2013 at 11:15 PM, Bruce KF1Z <kf1z@...> wrote:

      I do not crimp...
      I solder them.

      then bend the top "crimp ears" just a bit with
      needlenose pliers so they fit the housing.

      bruce