Panadapter "walking" noises

  • Angel Andres
    Message 1 of 2 , May 20, 2013
    Hi,

    I was hoping some of the more experience members could give some advise on a noise topic.

    I have observed some "walking noises" on my G11 - humps that pop over the noise floor and that move around the panadapter - with no antenna connected or a dummy load connected.

    I have seen them using two different laptops. I have fitted ferrite cores on power supplies and audio leads, but no other countermeasures.

    Any ideas on where they could come from and how to eliminate/minimize them?

    73 Angel M0HDF

    Message 2 of 2 , May 21, 2013
      Looks like PC monitor, or other nearby switching power supply.

      If they are not there with antenna connected, or do not pose any issues, then I
      wouldn't worry too much about it

      bruce