Crimping tools.

  • Kev Cav
    Message 1 of 5 , May 9, 2013
      Greetings from down under,

      I have recently need to crimp the small terminal male connectors as uded
      in the G59. Can anyone suggest a suitable tool suitable for these terminals.

      Thanks.

      Kevin vK4KP

      --
      Sent with Thunderbird and Linux Mint
    • billncolo36
      Message 2 of 5 , May 10, 2013
        Use a small pair of needle nose pliers. Strip and tin the wire (~1/4 in). Slide wire into back end of terminal, role each of the 4 small tabs around the tinned end of the wire, and solder the wire to the terminal.

        Bill N0CU

        --- In GenesisRadio@yahoogroups.com, Kev Cav <kevcav@...> wrote:

        > Greetings from down under,
        >
        > I have recently need to crimp the small terminal male connectors as uded
        > in the G59. Can anyone suggest a suitable tool suitable for these terminals.
        >
        > Thanks.
        >
        > Kevin vK4KP
        >
        > --
        > Sent with Thunderbird and Linux Mint

      • N2BHA
        Message 3 of 5 , May 10, 2013
          This is exactly how I do it too Bill. And one of these on the bench helps to make things a breeze :-)

          http://www.amazon.com/Eclipse-900-015-Helping-Hands-Soldering/dp/B002PIA6Z4/ref=pd_sxp_grid_pt_2_1/187-4275211-9215247

          Take Care es 73,
          Vaughn N2BHA

          Message 4 of 5 , May 21, 2013
            I do not crimp...
            I solder them.

            then bend the top "crimp ears" just a bit with
            needlenose pliers so they fit the housing.

            bruce