G59 / WSPR operation question

  • kd6azn
    Message 1 of 3 , May 1, 2013
      Group,
      I am not experienced using my G59 to operate WSPR but with the poor ability to get anyone to hear me (low power) or for me to hear them. I have noticed something I don't understand. I am using D4 time synch. I have calibrated the VFO to WWV for 1-17M. My GSDR is using VAC and CAT control. I am setting the VFO to the USB dial frequency shown when I log on. I am assuming that the transmit frequency is being adjusted by the CAT control and the Peak signal appears to be at the frequency shown in the middle bar frequency display.
      But if I move the cursor over the transmit signal peak and read the frequency on the left side of the lower data bar during Tx it is quite different?? Is my method of operating WSPR using GSDR incorrect??
      Thanks for help,
      Dick 7J1BBC kd6azn@...
      Message 2 of 3 , May 1, 2013
        CAT control is not normally used.
        ( CAT is usually used for setting the frequency, etc.)

        But for WSPR etc... ONLY the dial frequency given is used.

        the different WSPR frequencies within a band, are only different audio frequencies, so
        no RF frequency adjustment.

        So...
        I don't know, since you didn't give an example... of what you mean by ""...move the cursor over the transmit signal peak and read the frequency on the left side of the lower data bar during Tx it is quite different""
        What IS "quite different".?? and different from what?

        BRuce
        kf1z

        Message 3 of 3 , May 1, 2013
          I should say, CAT is used only to switch to different bands when using WSPR
          and maybe for RX/TX switching.
          Not sure, I've never used CAT control for any radio...ever.   Smile

          And, the frequency you see displayed in the 'lower data bar' ...
          is it the same frequency you see in WSPR transmit line? ( NOT the dial frequency)

          bruce