Re: [GenesisRadio] GSDR V.2.0.0 64 bit AUDIO HELP

  • Ambro_IW2FVO
    Message 1 of 24 , Apr 10, 2013
    Bruce,
    I am sorry for the late reply.
    You can find herein attached the names list as appear in the audio_tab and on VAC_tab.
    You can also find out the names applicable to my system in my hand drawn diagram.

    Disregarding the VAC_tab:
    >to get reception on the panadapter Audio_tab / input has to be set to " linea in entrata SB_Audigy "
    >to get audible audio Audio_tab / output has to be set to " AMD HDMI... " if I want to hear the audio in the PC LCD Monitor, or set to "Altoparlanti C_Media.headph ..." to hear through the USB headphone speakers.
    > to get TX_RF_power when TUN button is activated Audio_tab / output has to be set to "Altoparlante SB_Audigy ". This set up only  allows me to have RF output power at TUN activation.

    Thanks for the assistance.
    Regards,
    73, Ambrogio IW2FVO

    Message 2 of 24 , Apr 10, 2013

      In soundcard setup:

      Input:    set to " linea in entrata SB_Audigy "
      and
      Output     "Altoparlante SB_Audigy ".

      And then in VAC tab:

      input:  C-media microphone
      output : C-media headphone

      This is how it SHOULD be set up.
      And is the only way I can think of that this setup will work.

      now, the only question here is why can't you set the C-media card up in VAC and have it work.
      That's the puzzling part.

      I have no more help for you unfortunately.

      Hopefully Goran can help.

      Sent: Wednesday, April 10, 2013 9:56 AM
      Subject: Re: [GenesisRadio] GSDR V.2.0.0 64 bit AUDIO HELP [2 Attachments]

      Sent: Tuesday, April 09, 2013 4:38 PM

      It is ThinkXtra  ( they say :Skype certified ).
      It is working using the HDSDR program but I do not about its sample rate ...

      >The  trouble comes on only if VAC is enabled and it does not matter the selected sample rate value.
      > I selected 48k sample rate but no change.
      > I selected USB C media ( head phone ) on VAC  output tab: no change.

      Some more notes:
      > To receive I have to select C_Media hphone  on AUDIO  output under AUDIO tab.
      > to get TXing under TUN mode ( button ) I have to select Altoparlante AUDUGY  on AUDIO out under AUDIO tab.

      Thanks
      Ambrogio

      Is the "C-media"  ( microphone card)  actually capable of 96khz sample rate?

      bruce

    • Ambro_IW2FVO
      Message 3 of 24 , Apr 10, 2013
        Thanks Bruce for the help,
        I do agree with you that is the correct set_up : unfortunately GSDR locks_up  and application error is shown.

        How could I contact Goran ?

        73,
        Ambrogio

        Sent: Wednesday, April 10, 2013 9:56 AM

        Sent: Tuesday, April 09, 2013 4:38 PM

        Message 4 of 24 , Apr 10, 2013
          I have few questions:
          - did you try 32bit GSDR? Any problems with VAC?
          - did you try to open microphone/speaker as primary sound card?
          Try to set microphone and speaker as primary source/destination and in VAC use "Microsoft Sound Mapper-Input". Primary sound card and VAC expects at least 2 channel audio endpoints (STEREO for SDR I/Q primary SC function, and STEREO or MONO for microphone/speaker).

          73 Goran yt7pwr

          --- In GenesisRadio@yahoogroups.com, Ambro_IW2FVO <iw2fvo@...> wrote:

          > Thanks Bruce for the help,
          > I do agree with you that is the correct set_up : unfortunately GSDR locks_up  and application error is shown.
          >
          > How could I contact Goran ?
          >
          > 73,
          > Ambrogio

        • Ambro_IW2FVO
          Message 5 of 24 , Apr 10, 2013
            Goran,
            thanks a lot for your interest on my configuration problem.
            > I did try with GSDR_32 bit and I had this message: "INVALID NUMBER OF CHANELS" .
            I will try the other items tomorrow and I will let you know. I was a little busy today !
            best regards,
            Ambrogio
            IW2FVO
            North Italy

            Message 6 of 24 , Apr 10, 2013
              So, according to Goran's notes...

              It would appear that you cannot use the C-media device with GSDR.

              bruce

              Sent: Wednesday, April 10, 2013 3:41 PM
              Subject: Re: [GenesisRadio] Re: GSDR V.2.0.0 64 bit AUDIO HELP

              --- In mailto:GenesisRadio%40yahoogroups.com, Ambro_IW2FVO <iw2fvo@...> wrote:

              > Thanks Bruce for the
              help,
              > I do agree with you that is the correct set_up : unfortunately
              GSDR locks_up  and application error is shown.

              > How could I
              contact Goran ?

              Message 7 of 24 , Apr 10, 2013
                or, maybe it should be able to work on VAC.....

                I think I should let Goran say.  Smile

                bruce

                Sent: Wednesday, April 10, 2013 3:55 PM

                Sent: Wednesday, April 10, 2013 3:41 PM

                Goran,
                thanks a lot for your interest on my configuration problem.
                > I did try with GSDR_32 bit and I had this message: "INVALID NUMBER OF
                CHANELS" .
                I will try the other items tomorrow and I will let you know. I was a little busy today !
                best regards,
                Ambrogio
                IW2FVO
                North Italy

                - did you try 32bit GSDR? Any problems with VAC?
                - did you try to open microphone/speaker as primary sound card?
                Try to set microphone and speaker as primary source/destination and in VAC use "Microsoft Sound Mapper-Input". Primary sound card and VAC expects at least 2 channel audio endpoints (STEREO for SDR I/Q primary SC function, and STEREO or MONO for microphone/speaker).

                73 Goran yt7pwr

                --- In mailto:GenesisRadio%40yahoogroups.com, Ambro_IW2FVO <iw2fvo@...> wrote:

                > Thanks Bruce for the
                help,
                > I do agree with you that is the correct set_up : unfortunately
                GSDR locks_up  and application error is shown.

                > How could I
                contact Goran ?

                > 73,
                > Ambrogio

              • Ambro_IW2FVO
                Message 8 of 24 , Apr 11, 2013
                  Goran,   Bruce and group ,

                  I am still trying to solve my problem but now I have some confusion in my mind regarding the Audio\sound_card TAB and about the Audio\VAC TAB controls.
                  >> Where could I find out a clear explanation of the sound card in, out, mix, receive, transmission, enable MIKE/SPKR ? Is there a simplified block diagram ?
                  >> where could I find out explanation and block diagram of the Audio/VAC controls ? ( in, out , L, R, Both, none ... and the others ? )
                  I will really like to understan HOW they are working .
                  At the moment it seems to me that I  have a problem in routing the USB mike to GSDR : this could be the only one problem I am having !

                  Thanks for any help

                  Sent: Wednesday, April 10, 2013 3:55 PM

                  Sent: Wednesday, April 10, 2013 3:41 PM

                  Goran,
                  thanks a lot for your interest on my configuration problem.
                  > I did try with GSDR_32 bit and I had this message: "INVALID NUMBER OF
                  CHANELS" .
                  I will try the other items tomorrow and I will let you know. I was a little busy today !
                  best regards,
                  Ambrogio
                  IW2FVO
                  North Italy

                  - did you try 32bit GSDR? Any problems with VAC?
                  - did you try to open microphone/speaker as primary sound card?
                  Try to set microphone and speaker as primary source/destination and in VAC use "Microsoft Sound Mapper-Input". Primary sound card and VAC expects at least 2 channel audio endpoints (STEREO for SDR I/Q primary SC function, and STEREO or MONO for microphone/speaker).

                  73 Goran yt7pwr

                  --- In mailto:GenesisRadio%40yahoogroups.com, Ambro_IW2FVO <iw2fvo@...> wrote:

                  > Thanks Bruce for the
                  help,
                  > I do agree with you that is the correct set_up : unfortunately
                  GSDR locks_up  and application error is shown.

                  > How could I
                  contact Goran ?

                  > 73,
                  > Ambrogio

                • Ambro_IW2FVO
                  Message 9 of 24 , Apr 11, 2013
                    Goran,
                    - did you try to open microphone/speaker as primary sound card?
                    Try to set microphone and speaker as primary source/destination and in VAC use "Microsoft Sound Mapper-Input". Primary sound card and VAC expects at least 2 channel audio endpoints (STEREO for SDR I/Q primary SC function, and STEREO or MONO for microphone/speaker).

                    >> Could you please indicate to me the configuration I have to apply on the relevants Audio Tabs ?
                    ( I am so sorry but I am not a specialist on these items and English is my second language too ! )

                    Thanks for helping me ,
                    Regards,
                    Ambrogio
                    IW2FVO