Re: [GenesisRadio] GSDR V.2.0.0 64 bit AUDIO HELP

  • Ambro_IW2FVO
    Message 1 of 24 , Apr 9, 2013
    Bruce,
    here they are.
    Using WASAPI  on AUDIO tab I got the same results.
    Thanks a lot for helping .
    Ambrogio
    IW2FVO

    Message 2 of 24 , Apr 9, 2013
      Is the "C-media"  ( microphone card)  actually capable of 96khz sample rate?

      bruce

      Message 3 of 24 , Apr 9, 2013
        What model number is it?

        Sent: Tuesday, April 09, 2013 4:05 PM

        Message 4 of 24 , Apr 9, 2013
          I do not think so :it is an headset ( mike+ phone ) certified for Skype.
          Do you suggest to reduce the sample rate ?
          tnks
          Ambrogio

          Message 5 of 24 , Apr 9, 2013
            try setting the VAC tab sample rate to 48000

            and set the C-media headphone ( speaker ) output as the output in VAC tab
            ( this would make it like your pencil diagram)

            bruce

            Sent: Tuesday, April 09, 2013 4:05 PM

            Message 6 of 24 , Apr 9, 2013
               I did try all the possible sample rates in VAC tab: I got the same response.
              Ambrogio

              Message 7 of 24 , Apr 9, 2013
                It is ThinkXtra  ( they say :Skype certified ).
                It is working using the HDSDR program but I do not about its sample rate ...

                >The  trouble comes on only if VAC is enabled and it does not matter the selected sample rate value.
                > I selected 48k sample rate but no change.
                > I selected USB C media ( head phone ) on VAC  output tab: no change.

                Some more notes:
                > To receive I have to select C_Media hphone  on AUDIO  output under AUDIO tab.
                > to get TXing under TUN mode ( button ) I have to select Altoparlante AUDUGY  on AUDIO out under AUDIO tab.

                Thanks
                Ambrogio

                Message 8 of 24 , Apr 9, 2013
                  I don't see any C-media devices with "names"  only model numbers.....

                  What do you mean... :"> To receive I have to select C_Media hphone on AUDIO output under AUDIO tab."

                  You mean to get any signals in the panadapter? or to hear audio?

                  Where are your headphones plugged in? If they are plugged into the C-media, and you do NOT have VAC enabled, then of course you
                  would have to change the output to the C-media to hear it;

                  This makes sense if the output of the audigy goes to the transmitter.  "> to get TXing under TUN mode ( button ) I have to select Altoparlante AUDUGY on AUDIO out under AUDIO tab."

                  in the VAC tab ONLY set the sample to 24000

                  Both input AND out have to be set  for the C-media device.

                  Any different?

                  Sent: Tuesday, April 09, 2013 4:38 PM

                  Message 9 of 24 , Apr 10, 2013
                  Bruce,
                  I am sorry for the late reply.
                  You can find herein attached the names list as appear in the audio_tab and on VAC_tab.
                  You can also find out the names applicable to my system in my hand drawn diagram.

                  Disregarding the VAC_tab:
                  >to get reception on the panadapter Audio_tab / input has to be set to " linea in entrata SB_Audigy "
                  >to get audible audio Audio_tab / output has to be set to " AMD HDMI... " if I want to hear the audio in the PC LCD Monitor, or set to "Altoparlanti C_Media.headph ..." to hear through the USB headphone speakers.
                  > to get TX_RF_power when TUN button is activated Audio_tab / output has to be set to "Altoparlante SB_Audigy ". This set up only  allows me to have RF output power at TUN activation.

                  Thanks for the assistance.
                  Regards,
                  73, Ambrogio IW2FVO

                  Sent: Tuesday, April 09, 2013 4:38 PM

                  Message 10 of 24 , Apr 10, 2013

                    In soundcard setup:

                    Input:    set to " linea in entrata SB_Audigy "
                    and
                    Output     "Altoparlante SB_Audigy ".

                    And then in VAC tab:

                    input:  C-media microphone
                    output : C-media headphone

                    This is how it SHOULD be set up.
                    And is the only way I can think of that this setup will work.

                    now, the only question here is why can't you set the C-media card up in VAC and have it work.
                    That's the puzzling part.

                    I have no more help for you unfortunately.

                    Hopefully Goran can help.

                    Sent: Wednesday, April 10, 2013 9:56 AM

                    Sent: Tuesday, April 09, 2013 4:38 PM

                    Message 11 of 24 , Apr 10, 2013
                      Thanks Bruce for the help,
                      I do agree with you that is the correct set_up : unfortunately GSDR locks_up  and application error is shown.

                      How could I contact Goran ?

                      73,
                      Ambrogio

                      Sent: Wednesday, April 10, 2013 9:56 AM

                      Sent: Tuesday, April 09, 2013 4:38 PM

                      Message 12 of 24 , Apr 10, 2013
                        I have few questions:
                        - did you try 32bit GSDR? Any problems with VAC?
                        - did you try to open microphone/speaker as primary sound card?
                        Try to set microphone and speaker as primary source/destination and in VAC use "Microsoft Sound Mapper-Input". Primary sound card and VAC expects at least 2 channel audio endpoints (STEREO for SDR I/Q primary SC function, and STEREO or MONO for microphone/speaker).

                        73 Goran yt7pwr

                        --- In GenesisRadio@yahoogroups.com, Ambro_IW2FVO <iw2fvo@...> wrote:

                        > Thanks Bruce for the help,
                        > I do agree with you that is the correct set_up : unfortunately GSDR locks_up  and application error is shown.
                        >
                        > How could I contact Goran ?
                        >
                        > 73,
                        > Ambrogio

                      • Ambro_IW2FVO
                        Message 13 of 24 , Apr 10, 2013
                          Goran,
                          thanks a lot for your interest on my configuration problem.
                          > I did try with GSDR_32 bit and I had this message: "INVALID NUMBER OF CHANELS" .
                          I will try the other items tomorrow and I will let you know. I was a little busy today !
                          best regards,
                          Ambrogio
                          IW2FVO
                          North Italy

                          Message 14 of 24 , Apr 10, 2013
                            So, according to Goran's notes...

                            It would appear that you cannot use the C-media device with GSDR.

                            bruce

                            Sent: Wednesday, April 10, 2013 3:41 PM
                            Subject: Re: [GenesisRadio] Re: GSDR V.2.0.0 64 bit AUDIO HELP

                            --- In mailto:GenesisRadio%40yahoogroups.com, Ambro_IW2FVO <iw2fvo@...> wrote:

                            > Thanks Bruce for the
                            help,
                            > I do agree with you that is the correct set_up : unfortunately
                            GSDR locks_up  and application error is shown.

                            > How could I
                            contact Goran ?

                            Message 15 of 24 , Apr 10, 2013
                              or, maybe it should be able to work on VAC.....

                              I think I should let Goran say.  Smile

                              bruce

                              Sent: Wednesday, April 10, 2013 3:55 PM

                              Sent: Wednesday, April 10, 2013 3:41 PM

                              Goran,
                              thanks a lot for your interest on my configuration problem.
                              > I did try with GSDR_32 bit and I had this message: "INVALID NUMBER OF
                              CHANELS" .
                              I will try the other items tomorrow and I will let you know. I was a little busy today !
                              best regards,
                              Ambrogio
                              IW2FVO
                              North Italy

                              - did you try 32bit GSDR? Any problems with VAC?
                              - did you try to open microphone/speaker as primary sound card?
                              Try to set microphone and speaker as primary source/destination and in VAC use "Microsoft Sound Mapper-Input". Primary sound card and VAC expects at least 2 channel audio endpoints (STEREO for SDR I/Q primary SC function, and STEREO or MONO for microphone/speaker).

                              73 Goran yt7pwr

                              --- In mailto:GenesisRadio%40yahoogroups.com, Ambro_IW2FVO <iw2fvo@...> wrote:

                              > Thanks Bruce for the
                              help,
                              > I do agree with you that is the correct set_up : unfortunately
                              GSDR locks_up  and application error is shown.

                              > How could I
                              contact Goran ?

                              > 73,
                              > Ambrogio

                            • Ambro_IW2FVO
                              Message 16 of 24 , Apr 11, 2013
                                Goran,   Bruce and group ,

                                I am still trying to solve my problem but now I have some confusion in my mind regarding the Audio\sound_card TAB and about the Audio\VAC TAB controls.
                                >> Where could I find out a clear explanation of the sound card in, out, mix, receive, transmission, enable MIKE/SPKR ? Is there a simplified block diagram ?
                                >> where could I find out explanation and block diagram of the Audio/VAC controls ? ( in, out , L, R, Both, none ... and the others ? )
                                I will really like to understan HOW they are working .
                                At the moment it seems to me that I  have a problem in routing the USB mike to GSDR : this could be the only one problem I am having !

                                Thanks for any help

                                Sent: Wednesday, April 10, 2013 3:55 PM

                                Sent: Wednesday, April 10, 2013 3:41 PM

                                Goran,
                                thanks a lot for your interest on my configuration problem.
                                > I did try with GSDR_32 bit and I had this message: "INVALID NUMBER OF
                                CHANELS" .
                                I will try the other items tomorrow and I will let you know. I was a little busy today !
                                best regards,
                                Ambrogio
                                IW2FVO
                                North Italy

                                - did you try 32bit GSDR? Any problems with VAC?
                                - did you try to open microphone/speaker as primary sound card?
                                Try to set microphone and speaker as primary source/destination and in VAC use "Microsoft Sound Mapper-Input". Primary sound card and VAC expects at least 2 channel audio endpoints (STEREO for SDR I/Q primary SC function, and STEREO or MONO for microphone/speaker).

                                73 Goran yt7pwr

                                --- In mailto:GenesisRadio%40yahoogroups.com, Ambro_IW2FVO <iw2fvo@...> wrote:

                                > Thanks Bruce for the
                                help,
                                > I do agree with you that is the correct set_up : unfortunately
                                GSDR locks_up  and application error is shown.

                                > How could I
                                contact Goran ?

                                > 73,
                                > Ambrogio

                              • Ambro_IW2FVO
                                Message 17 of 24 , Apr 11, 2013
                                  Goran,
                                  - did you try to open microphone/speaker as primary sound card?
                                  Try to set microphone and speaker as primary source/destination and in VAC use "Microsoft Sound Mapper-Input". Primary sound card and VAC expects at least 2 channel audio endpoints (STEREO for SDR I/Q primary SC function, and STEREO or MONO for microphone/speaker).

                                  >> Could you please indicate to me the configuration I have to apply on the relevants Audio Tabs ?
                                  ( I am so sorry but I am not a specialist on these items and English is my second language too ! )

                                  Thanks for helping me ,
                                  Regards,
                                  Ambrogio
                                  IW2FVO