Re: [GenesisRadio] Re: SignaLink or RigBlaster? For my G59

    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 5, 2013
    • Tim
      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 6, 2013

        As you know, I've just 'upgraded' to a USB EMU0204.

        I've noticed that after a while of operation - say just receiving, that
        the audio will start 'motorboating'. Like 50ms worth of skipping in the
        audio.

        It doesn't matter if I've got it set for 48k, 96k, or 192k.

        If I pull down the setup tab, and click on 'apply', then it will fix the
        issue, and sound fine.

        Just curious what setting might be causing this.

        BTW, just received my first RTTY on Multipsk.

        Thanks,

        Tim W5FN
        Message 3 of 12 , Apr 6, 2013
          Probably buffer size and latency

          in soundcard settings
          Set buffer size to 1024 or 2048
          check the manual latency and set it to 10 or 20

          Message 4 of 12 , Apr 6, 2013
            That seemed to fix it.

            Thanks!

            Tim W5FN

            Message 5 of 12 , Apr 8, 2013
              why? Genesis G59 is SUPERB using VAC and Virtual Serial Cable. why you want to use Rigexpert or signal link
              and loose all "digi only" benefits of an SDR Radio?

              73 de SV1JGW

              Dimitrios Jimmy Pallis

              http://sw1jgw.50webs.com/

              To: GenesisRadio@yahoogroups.com