Re: No RF output [1 Attachment]

  • kc8iir
    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 27 4:57 PM
      Bruce, i just come home and checked, pin 1 is to pin 1, i did continuity test from back of main board to back of multi band board confirming solid contact.

      The problems started to mount as i connected every thing and noticed that my relays did not click. a quick voltage test reveals less than a 1 volt in a place that tested 14 volts. the power line had a small fray of metal touching the other causing a short.

      so, what did i burn up along that rail to prevent other damage?
      the green light below r3m is not lit.

      the power is correct at the other side of the board.

      Greg kc8iir

      Message 2 of 12 , Mar 27 6:23 PM
        exactly where was the short, and exactly where was the place you measured less than 1v ?

        bruce

        Sent: Wednesday, March 27, 2013 7:57 PM
        Subject: [GenesisRadio] Re: No RF output

        --- In mailto:GenesisRadio%40yahoogroups.com, "Bruce KF1Z" <kf1z@...> wrote:

        > Well,
        >
        > Yes,
        the connector is flipped, but

        > Pin 1 of J1 on G11 board, must
        connect to pin 1 of J1 on multiband board.

        > Like shown in the
        attached pictures

        KF1Z <kf1z@...>
        href="mailto:GenesisRadio%40yahoogroups.com">mailto:GenesisRadio%40yahoogroups.com
        > Sent: Wednesday, March 27, 2013 7:34 AM
        > Subject: Re:
        [GenesisRadio] No RF output

        > Try some other
        bands too...
        > All of them...
        >
        > What it sounds like to me,
        is that there is a problem with the 4 wire cable you installed
        > from G11
        to multiband board.

        > Make sure it's wired correctly etc.
        >

        > Because since you said CW signals come back... when you
        uinplug power to multiband board...
        > That means that while Multiband
        board is powered, the WRONG low pass and bandpass filter are being selected.
        > (or there is a problem with the filter for this band... that's
        why check more than one)

        > Don't worry about the bipolar. I'll be
        it's fine...

        > It's not being used the "normal" way
        here...

        > Only worry about the RX right now...
        >
        > It sounds like the problem for BOTH TX and RX has to do with the
        multiband board.

        > bruce

        kc8iir

        Sent: Tuesday, March 26, 2013 2:28 PM

        <kf1z@...>

        Subject: [GenesisRadio] No RF output
        > Date: Mon, Mar 25, 2013 7:39
        PM

        > first off....
        >
        > What is LOSC and
        VFOA set to?

        > is TX IF shift ON ( in transmit tab) if so, what
        is IF shift set to?

        > I assume that you have the latest GSDR ,
        and the latest firmware...
        > Also assume you have checked the G11
        multiband board option checked in GSDR setup.

        Monday, March 25, 2013 7:27 PM