Re: G59 damaged CPU

  • Joe
    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 20, 2013
      Looks You are spot on with the boot loader.
      If You don't want to get a new MCU from GeesisRadio You probably have to do some work on Your own.
      Here are a few clues:
      http://www.protonbasic.co.uk/showthread.php/62251-Programing-Pic18f4550-Over-USB-%28w-bootloader%29
      http://www.diolan.com/pic/bootloader.html
      http://www.ucapps.de/mios_bootstrap_newbies.html
      and the official datasheet from Microchip
      http://ww1.microchip.com/downloads/en/DeviceDoc/39632e.pdf

      73' OY3A

      --- In GenesisRadio@yahoogroups.com, "vf_33184" <vf@...> wrote:

      > Hello,
      > I have the same problem as Kaj, faulty CPU chip.
      >
      > I have bought new PIC, but it can't be loaded by standard firmware package, seems some boot loader needs to be flashed first and I cannot find it.
      >
      > Tried to contact GenesisRadio by email but didn't work so far.
      >
      > Any ideas how to flash brand new PIC chip or where to get programmed one?
      >
      > Thank you.
      >
      > Vladimir
      > OK1FNX
      >

      > --- In GenesisRadio@yahoogroups.com, Kaj Keller <oz9ql@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi Nick.
      > > This is my MSG to you and your answer
      > > Dear Kaj -
      > > nice shack! Well done :-)
      > > Please allow me bit of time to sort out few issues (real
      > > business!) and as soon as I get back to ham radio and Genesis, I'll send you a
      > > programmed chip.
      > > I am sorry but I would have to charge $30 plus delivery,
      > > we really have to cover at least some of production costs.
      > > I appreciate your support.
      > >
      > > 73 Nick VK2DX

    • Goran
      Message 2 of 12 , Mar 21, 2013
        PIC in G59 have proprietary software and it is sold as spare part. G59 uC software is not compatible with any other bootloader. Keep trying to contact Nick, VK2DX because he is very busy with regular job.

        73 yt7pwr

        --- In GenesisRadio@yahoogroups.com, "vf_33184" <vf@...> wrote:

        > Hello,
        > I have the same problem as Kaj, faulty CPU chip.
        >
        > I have bought new PIC, but it can't be loaded by standard firmware package, seems some boot loader needs to be flashed first and I cannot find it.
        >
        > Tried to contact GenesisRadio by email but didn't work so far.
        >
        > Any ideas how to flash brand new PIC chip or where to get programmed one?
        >
        > Thank you.
        >
        > Vladimir
        > OK1FNX

      • VK2DX
        Message 3 of 12 , Mar 21, 2013
          HI Vladimir -

          new uC is available for $35 plus $10 for postage.

          I have no blanks in stock at the moment but will order a few this week.

          This offer is valid to G59 owners only who bought kit from Genesis.

          Nick VK2DX

          PIC in G59 have proprietary software and it is sold as spare part. G59 uC software is not compatible with any other bootloader. Keep trying to contact Nick, VK2DX because he is very busy with regular job.

          73 yt7pwr

          --- In GenesisRadio@yahoogroups.com, "vf_33184" <vf@...> wrote:

          > Hello,
          > I have the same problem as Kaj, faulty CPU chip.
          >
          > I have bought new PIC, but it can't be loaded by standard firmware package, seems some boot loader needs to be flashed first and I cannot find it.
          >
          > Tried to contact GenesisRadio by email but didn't work so far.
          >
          > Any ideas how to flash brand new PIC chip or where to get programmed one?
          >
          > Thank you.
          >
          > Vladimir
          > OK1FNX

        • Bill
          Message 4 of 12 , Mar 21, 2013
            Sent from my Droid Charge on Verizon 4G LTE

            Looks You are spot on with the boot loader.
            If You don't want to get a new MCU from GeesisRadio You probably have to do some work on Your own.
            Here are a few clues:
            http://www.protonbasic.co.uk/showthread.php/62251-Programing-Pic18f4550-Over-USB-%28w-bootloader%29
            http://www.diolan.com/pic/bootloader.html
            http://www.ucapps.de/mios_bootstrap_newbies.html
            and the official datasheet from Microchip
            http://ww1.microchip.com/downloads/en/DeviceDoc/39632e.pdf

            73' OY3A

            --- In GenesisRadio@yahoogroups.com, "vf_33184" <vf@...> wrote:

            > Hello,
            > I have the same problem as Kaj, faulty CPU chip.
            >
            > I have bought new PIC, but it can't be loaded by standard firmware package, seems some boot loader needs to be flashed first and I cannot find it.
            >
            > Tried to contact GenesisRadio by email but didn't work so far.
            >
            > Any ideas how to flash brand new PIC chip or where to get programmed one?
            >
            > Thank you.
            >
            > Vladimir
            > OK1FNX
            >

            > --- In GenesisRadio@yahoogroups.com, Kaj Keller <oz9ql@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Hi Nick.
            > > This is my MSG to you and your answer
            > > Dear Kaj -
            > > nice shack! Well done :-)
            > > Please allow me bit of time to sort out few issues (real
            > > business!) and as soon as I get back to ham radio and Genesis, I'll send you a
            > > programmed chip.
            > > I am sorry but I would have to charge $30 plus delivery,
            > > we really have to cover at least some of production costs.
            > > I appreciate your support.
            > >
            > > 73 Nick VK2DX

          • olekoefoed
            Message 5 of 12 , Mar 23, 2015

              Hello Bruce

              I purchased my G59 + GPA10 + enclosure from you and payed june 2014.
              Working on the first test of GPA10 I made a mistake and got +12V on the SV6PA connection, which killed the microprocessor.
              Can I buy a new one?
              In case, please inform me about the price and how to pay.

              vy73/OZ7FI

            • olekoefoed
              Message 6 of 12 , Mar 31, 2015
                Hi Bruce