Re: cpu monitor

  • ivica_9a6cw
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 17, 2013
      tnx Bruce
      but command lodctr /R not solved issue with cpu monitor on my laptop.
      was also another problem: swr warning although swr is ok.
      Today, I tried to run genesisdx.exe (SlimDX)
      DirectX using 40 % less resurce but panadapter dont work (graphic onboard intel GM965).
      Im back now on v16122012 until I change pc!
      73!

      > please look back in the recent messages.
      >
      > link to information posted within last two weeks

    • Goran
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 17, 2013
        Don't remember I ever play with CPU performance counter but function is broken (always return 0.0)! It is fixed and now shows only GSDR CPU usage regardless of CPU core/threads number.
        About SlimDX: Intel integrated GM960/965 are specific hardware and GSDR shows different symptoms. Some times Waterfall, some times Panadapter don't work without any warning or exceptions. Unfortunately I don't have identical hardware to play with but several things you can try first:
        - try Software DirectX mode;
        - disable Windows options: "show window content while dragging" (or something similar). In Win7 it is placed in Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Performance Information and Tools->Adjust visual effects;
        - disable 3D acceleration especially if exist additional discrete graphic card;

        73 yt7pwr

        --- In GenesisRadio@yahoogroups.com, "ivica_9a6cw" <9a6cw@...> wrote:

        > tnx Bruce
        > but command lodctr /R not solved issue with cpu monitor on my laptop.
        > was also another problem: swr warning although swr is ok.
        > Today, I tried to run genesisdx.exe (SlimDX)
        > DirectX using 40 % less resurce but panadapter dont work (graphic onboard intel GM965).
        > Im back now on v16122012 until I change pc!
        > 73!
      • ivica_9a6cw
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 17, 2013
          Goran
          Unfortunately I have not managed DirectX option with gd965.after few hours experiments.
          But Iam not total dissatisfied with old laptop 1,7 celeron/2GB GDI option working fine.(50% cpu)there's a place for hrdlog.
          73!