Re: G11 Multi LPF Nu 7 L74, L75 Which way ?

  • vk6abm
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 11, 2013
      Bob

      I installed L74 as 5.5 turns 6mm inside dia and L75 as 7.5t 5mm I.D

      My measured RF response shows 0.54db loss at 50.1Mhz - a fairly flat response from 1Mhz to a -3db point at 64.1Mhz

      Using Tasa's design value of 0.144nH for L74 and 0.161nH for L75 in a modelling program indicates that the expected response is flat to about 61Mhz

      Reversing the position of these values in the modelling shows a drop off in response starting around 38Mhz with a continual decline

      So L74 @ 5.5 turns & L75 @ 7.5 turns looks to be the correct way

      73
      Brian
      VK6ABM

      > ok, well,
      >
      > If you look at the specifications, G11 is rated for 5w on 6m.
      >
      > http://www.genesisradio.com.au/ ( specifications and block diagram )
      >
      > If lucky, you can get 6-8 watts.
      >
      > If you are getting 10, make sure it's clean.
      >
      > I will still check with Tasa to make sure they are correct.
      >

      > Bruce

    • vk6abm
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 11, 2013
        I did it again! - wrote a uH value as nH - should read 144nH and 161nH - or change my nH in earlier text to uH

        73

        --- In GenesisRadio@yahoogroups.com, "vk6abm" <radio4me72@...> wrote:

        > Bob
        >
        > I installed L74 as 5.5 turns 6mm inside dia and L75 as 7.5t 5mm I.D
        >
        > My measured RF response shows 0.54db loss at 50.1Mhz - a fairly flat response from 1Mhz to a -3db point at 64.1Mhz
        >
        > Using Tasa's design value of 0.144nH for L74 and 0.161nH for L75 in a modelling program indicates that the expected response is flat to about 61Mhz
        >
        > Reversing the position of these values in the modelling shows a drop off in response starting around 38Mhz with a continual decline
        >
        > So L74 @ 5.5 turns & L75 @ 7.5 turns looks to be the correct way
        >
        > 73
        > Brian
        > VK6ABM
        >

        > --- In GenesisRadio@yahoogroups.com, "Bruce KF1Z" <kf1z@> wrote:
        > >
        > > ok, well,
        > >
        > > If you look at the specifications, G11 is rated for 5w on 6m.
        > >
        > > http://www.genesisradio.com.au/ ( specifications and block diagram )
        > >
        > > If lucky, you can get 6-8 watts.
        > >
        > > If you are getting 10, make sure it's clean.
        > >
        > > I will still check with Tasa to make sure they are correct.
        > >

        > > Bruce

      • begr12
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 11, 2013
          Thanks Brian, perhaps by spreading the turns I am causing an unwanted resonance which is boosting the output on transmit.
          When it cools down here in Melbourne in a few days I can back out to the workshop and continue to set up the transmit section.
          VK3BOB Bob
          +

        • vk6abm
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 11, 2013
            OK Bob - I did not alter the turn spacing (close wound) and achieved 9 watts but as Bruce pointed out the G11 specs say 5W for 6 metres so a good reason for that I imagine

            73
            Brian