GSDR software

  • mledrou
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 8, 2013
      Hi all.
      I just finish my G11+ which is working very nice in both Rx and Tx, but i have minor problems , perhaps i miss somethings .
      If you have some infos it will be helpfull.
      computer is a 2 cores CPU window XP ,with EMU 1212

      1/ CPU monitor don't work (not important!)
      2/all calibration values are located , i think, in a file , where it is located? it will be helpfull to save it ,to avoid a new long time calibration process in case of soft problems.
      3/display calibration for Rx is not corrected with change in AF gain ,RF preamplifier and attenuator ,it will be a nice improvement
      4/ it is possible to have and auto centering of frequency like in power sdr?
      5/ not a G11 or GSDR problem: but base line of panadapter is not flat and vary with
      gain positions Af RF ATT , flat with AF preampli on , 10db between center and left/right on others settings.

      It really work very well , with less spurs than DDS OL !!

      Thanks in advance
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 8, 2013
        1) CPU monitor not working is a windows thing... search back group messages for a link to Flexradio forum for the fix.

        2) The file is "database.xml" you can copy and rename it for safe-keeping

        3) Display should NOT be corrected for changes in AF gain, RF preamp, or ATT. ( as far as I am concerned)
        ( with the POSSIBLE exception of AF gain, but this is not an option that would change unless the soundcard input gain is not sufficient, with 1212 it would not be needed. for the most part,
        this is a set it and forget it adjustment)

        RF Preamp, and ATT are actual changes to the amount of RF input, it stands to reason that one would want to monitor the actual change.

        For example, if the noise floor is at –120db  without RF preamp on, and with it on, the noise floor rises to –110db then that is an actual measurement, and
        I for one, would not want the software to change that value ( change calibration)

        4) I don't know that answer

        5) That is also soundcard ...  ( probably, ) especially if you are using 192khz sample rate.
        Most soundcards are not able to provide a flat response over a wide frequency range.

        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 8, 2013
          thanks for your promt response
          1/,2/ OK
          3/for change in display , if you receive a signal at -80dbm for ex and you add preamplifier, you read -68db aprox which is not correct!
          of coarse compare to transceiver S meter GSDR it is much more exact!
          i will verify but it seems that power sdr make the correction on S meter.
          5/ yes it is 192khz i use preamplifier AF and noise loor is flat +-1db max on all 192khz ,+-5db without preamplifier, in fact it is not a problem.