Re: [GenesisRadio] Re: Heil Pro-Set Elite IC headphones

  • Frank Eichel
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 6 8:18 PM

      Got this from Jerry Lynch at Heil: "you are going to need 8 volts to power the IC element.  The HC6 element is what you want to use on your rig...."

      So, I am going to exchange the Pro Set Elite-iC for the Pro Set Elite-6.

      Thanks for your help.

      Frank VE7AWV

      On 4 March 2013 16:01, Bruce KF1Z <kf1z@...> wrote:

      An electret element only needs 1 volt to 5 volts at less than a milliamp. ( around 0.0005 Amp )
      Most mics can use a single AAA battery.

      But if Heil has added circuitry like a preamp, then maybe it'll need more.

      bruce

      Sent: Monday, March 04, 2013 6:55 PM
      Subject: Re: [GenesisRadio] Re: Heil Pro-Set Elite IC headphones

      I'll contact Heil, they should be able to tell me if 1.9 volts is enough.

      Thanks, Bruce.

      Frank VE7AWV

      On 4 March 2013 13:40, Bruce KF1Z <kf1z@...> wrote:

      Hope Tasa will comment,
      But looks to me like if the LED is the reference for the amp,
      1.9v may be all you get.

      Which would be enough for run-of-the-mill electret elements.

      I think if the application demands +5v bias, then you may have to use a jumper wire from the 5 volt source to
      JMP2M, and leave out JMP3M

      bruce

      Sent: Monday, March 04, 2013 4:30 PM

      if it is just an element, there is "no" current involved...

      Are you measuring voltage with mic plugged in?

      But see this message

      Sent: Monday, March 04, 2013 4:13 PM

      Bruce,

      I played around with the jumpers to isolate the positive bias voltage to the tip of the mono plug (using jumpers JMP2M, JMP3M only) and the voltage I read is +1.93 volts which I presume is not enough to drive the element if +5 volts is expected. Any thoughts on this?

      Frank VE7AWV

      On 4 March 2013 08:46, Frank Eichel <tmbrjnkr@...> wrote:
      Thanks, Bruce!

      BTW, the receiver is working brilliantly!  It sure is a leap between my first rig, a Yaesu FT-200, and my second, the G11, with 40 years in between.

      Now the fun begins....

      Frank
      VE7AWV

      On 3 March 2013 19:44, Bruce KF1Z <kf1z@...> wrote:

      No
      that actually makes it pretty certain that the bias V+ , and Sig +  are both the tip of the connector.

      Winking smile

      bruce

      Sent: Sunday, March 03, 2013 10:35 PM

      OK, but the mic plug is just a mono. Does that matter?

      Frank, VE7AWV