Re: [GenesisRadio] Re: No Receive on my new G11 ? not even the KW broadcasters ?

    Message 1 of 22 , Mar 3, 2013
      In those pics... you DO NOT  have the board connected to the soundcard correctly.

      The cable you have connected to the board in the picture goes to the soundcard LINE OUT

      the jack that you need to connect to soundcard line in is the one at the far end of the board.

      See the last page or two of the manual for a picture and chart

      Bruce

      Message 2 of 22 , Mar 3, 2013
        Ok Bruce think I am getting somewhere ,

        I now have a much flatter spectrum with just a small peak in the middle , but now the preamp and attenuator do something, still no stations at all. Just Noise. Again Antenna or no Antenna the same.

        IN the pic I sent you I have only the one multiplier jumper connected I believe that is correct and on my frequency counter the test point follows the VFO so I believe that is correct.

        Cliff

        Message 3 of 22 , Mar 3, 2013
          the pics aren't big enough for me to see that....

          but it is NOT correct if you only have one!

          You should have J3L and J2L jumpered for 600m version

          To: mailto:GenesisRadio%40yahoogroups.com

          KF1Z" wrote:

          > > oh
          > > I guess I misread the
          email

          > > You mean that you have the Locals oscillator
          jumpers ( little black ones, 2 of them)

          > > And used one
          lead of the 4 conductor cable to jump J1B to J2B ?

          Now that I reread it, I believe this is what you mean....?

          > > If that is the case, just make sure that you have it
          connected to the right pins.

          > > On the
          soundcard
          > > Did you check windows sound device settings to see what
          the input level is set to ?

          > > bruce

          02, 2013 10:13 PM
          > > To: mailto:GenesisRadio%40yahoogroups.com
          > > Subject: Re: [GenesisRadio] Re: No Receive on my new G11 ? not
          even the KW broadcasters ?

          > > that's why you have no signal.
          > >
          > > Since you have
          not installed the band-pass filter, there is no RF path.

          > > So you HAVE to add the temporary wire! ( or install the BPF)
          > >
          > > The 2 black jumpers are useless with no BPF installed
          > >

          > > The red "TX" is normal, this does NOT
          mean the unit is transmitting

          bruce

          page 7 of assembly manual)

          > > > Bruce

          sensitivity

          > > > I'll do some more testing
          today.

          > > > Cliff
          > > >
          > > > --- In

        • Cliff
          Message 4 of 22 , Mar 3, 2013
            OK,

            What jumpers for just the HF version just want to receive something.?

            I'll see if I can receive the NDB's

            Message 5 of 22 , Mar 3, 2013
              J1L only for HF

              Message 6 of 22 , Mar 6, 2013
                Hi Bruce,

                I have tried both the HF and 600M jumper settings and get nothing

                I am open to ideas ? wher to next, I have basic test gear if required cro,dvm sig gen.

                Don't have gear for surface mount that is the reason the G11 appealed to me.

                regards,
                Cliff

                > J1L only for HF

              • VK2DX
                Message 7 of 22 , Mar 6, 2013
                  Cliff-

                  you need help with basics, come to see me one Sunday and I'll show you how it's done. Leave Bruce alone, he can't help you.
                  I am your man.

                  Call me on 02 9232 0500 during b/h

                  Nick VK2DX