Re: [GenesisRadio] Re: 20 Meter Bandpass filter capacitor placement of c32b and c33b

    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 25 9:33 AM
      Yes, I assume you would see a difference.

      Just be sure what you have before removing anything!  Smile

      If you look at the pictures.... you'll see there are 4 caps right next to the relay for each band.
      The "top" and the "bottom" caps, must be the same value.
      ( these are the input and output caps for the filter.)

      But easy way is to go by the pictures, and component designator.

      You can check by removing the 3 wire cable K4.
      This bypasses the BP filter section.

      You should not see more than 1 or 2 db difference in signal strength
      with it connected, compared to disconnected.

      Bruce

      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 25 12:33 PM

        Thanks, that is an excellent idea to check w/o the BPF in place. I should have thought of that myself.

        Will verify the top and bottom cap are the same value as well.

        73,

        Hank - wz3hmt