Re: 20 Meter Bandpass filter capacitor placement of c32b and c33b

  • the_13th_saint_at_your_bidding
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 23, 2013
      Thank you Bruce. Going with the picture, not the silkscreen on this one.

      Daniel
      KE6PQV

      > Go by the picture on the website.
      >
      > Ignore the silkscreen in this case.
      >

      > The tag was changed on the picture, instead of changing the component list value
      > ( I guess it was easier at the time?)
      >

      > The picture tags used with the component designator list , is correct.

    • Hank
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 25, 2013

        I caught this post and happened to have my G59 opened up to replace the power and transmit LED's. I checked mine first G59 which was a Mark II board and noticed that I had installed C33/C32 opposite of the picture. 20M works for me but do you think I would notice an improvement if I switched the CAP's to what they should be.

        It's pretty tight in there with all the caps installed. I am thinking to order replacement caps first before I try if you thought it would be worth the effort. You know if it work's don't fix it.

        73,

        Hank - wz3hmt

        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 25, 2013
          Yes, I assume you would see a difference.

          Just be sure what you have before removing anything!  Smile

          If you look at the pictures.... you'll see there are 4 caps right next to the relay for each band.
          The "top" and the "bottom" caps, must be the same value.
          ( these are the input and output caps for the filter.)

          But easy way is to go by the pictures, and component designator.

          You can check by removing the 3 wire cable K4.
          This bypasses the BP filter section.

          You should not see more than 1 or 2 db difference in signal strength
          with it connected, compared to disconnected.

          Bruce

          --- In mailto:GenesisRadio%40yahoogroups.com, "Bruce KF1Z" wrote:

          > Go by the picture on the website.
          >
          > Ignore the silkscreen in this case.
          >

          > The tag
          was changed on the picture, instead of changing the component list value

          ( I guess it was easier at the time?)

          > The picture tags
          used with the component designator list , is correct.

          href="mailto:GenesisRadio%40yahoogroups.com">mailto:GenesisRadio%40yahoogroups.com

          href="http://www.genesisradio.com.au/G59/phase7.html">http://www.genesisradio.com.au/G59/phase7.html

          -> http://genesisradio.com.au/G59/pictures/g59_134.jpg

          > This silkscreen says c32b is above c33b, but the picture shows c33b
          above c32b.

          > BOM says:
          > c32b is 220pF
          > c33b is
          4.7pF

          > Thank you!
          >
          > Daniel

          KE6PQV

        • Hank
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 25, 2013

            Thanks, that is an excellent idea to check w/o the BPF in place. I should have thought of that myself.

            Will verify the top and bottom cap are the same value as well.

            73,

            Hank - wz3hmt