Sub Audible Tone Reduction in FM mode

  • Tim
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 21, 2013
      Hi All,

      Just got the all band filter board completed and installed, now I can
      monitor the 10 & 6 meter repeaters.

      Is there a way to reduce the level of the received sub-audible tones
      (which aren't too sub audible)?!

      Guess that's the price we pay for having nice speakers, sound cards, etc!

      Thanks,

      Tim W5FN
    • Tim
      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 28, 2013
        Hi All,

        I am currently running version 29102012.

        When I either do a left click and drag, or use the keys to move up/down
        the frequency, when it goes across a ham band boundary, it will jump to
        another frequency rather than smoothly going across the threshold.

        Using the 'mouse hover' technique, when I hover over the 10khz digit,
        things seem to work fine. However, if I hover over the 100khz digit, it
        does not increment in 100khz.

        For example:

        Start at
        7223.000
        7308.402
        4399.402
        7442.402..
        continuing until I cross 10mHz

        10022.402 then it jumps back to
        7270.402 (while still showing GEN in the 'band'.

        Could there be something wrong in the database that is causing these
        oddities?

        BTW, I cannot run the latest version of the software, as when I try to
        use the click and drag to move the frequency, it takes several seconds
        for the computer to recognize that I have clicked. Then it does not
        move as fast as on this revision software. I am running XP with SP3.

        Thanks,

        Tim W5FN
      • Goran
        Message 3 of 12 , Feb 28, 2013
          It's a software bug. For now don't expect fix for this problem until G6 is finished.

          73 yt7pwr

          --- In GenesisRadio@yahoogroups.com, Tim <tim@...> wrote:

          > Hi All,
          >
          > I am currently running version 29102012.
          >
          > When I either do a left click and drag, or use the keys to move up/down
          > the frequency, when it goes across a ham band boundary, it will jump to
          > another frequency rather than smoothly going across the threshold.
          >
          > Using the 'mouse hover' technique, when I hover over the 10khz digit,
          > things seem to work fine. However, if I hover over the 100khz digit, it
          > does not increment in 100khz.
          >
          > For example:
          >
          > Start at
          > 7223.000
          > 7308.402
          > 4399.402
          > 7442.402..
          > continuing until I cross 10mHz
          >
          > 10022.402 then it jumps back to
          > 7270.402 (while still showing GEN in the 'band'.
          >
          > Could there be something wrong in the database that is causing these
          > oddities?
          >
          > BTW, I cannot run the latest version of the software, as when I try to
          > use the click and drag to move the frequency, it takes several seconds
          > for the computer to recognize that I have clicked. Then it does not
          > move as fast as on this revision software. I am running XP with SP3.
          >
          > Thanks,
          >

          > Tim W5FN

        • Tim
          Message 4 of 12 , Feb 28, 2013
            Hi Goran,

            Ok, thanks! Now I know it's not something I'm doing. I can live with it.

            cu

            Tim W5FN

            > It's a software bug. For now don't expect fix for this problem until G6 is finished.
            >

            > 73 yt7pwr
            >

            > --- In GenesisRadio@yahoogroups.com, Tim <tim@...> wrote:
            >> Hi All,
            >>
            >> I am currently running version 29102012.
            >>
            >> When I either do a left click and drag, or use the keys to move up/down
            >> the frequency, when it goes across a ham band boundary, it will jump to
            >> another frequency rather than smoothly going across the threshold.
            >>
            >> Using the 'mouse hover' technique, when I hover over the 10khz digit,
            >> things seem to work fine. However, if I hover over the 100khz digit, it
            >> does not increment in 100khz.
            >>
            >> For example:
            >>
            >> Start at
            >> 7223.000
            >> 7308.402
            >> 4399.402
            >> 7442.402..
            >> continuing until I cross 10mHz
            >>
            >> 10022.402 then it jumps back to
            >> 7270.402 (while still showing GEN in the 'band'.
            >>
            >> Could there be something wrong in the database that is causing these
            >> oddities?
            >>
            >> BTW, I cannot run the latest version of the software, as when I try to
            >> use the click and drag to move the frequency, it takes several seconds
            >> for the computer to recognize that I have clicked. Then it does not
            >> move as fast as on this revision software. I am running XP with SP3.
            >>
            >> Thanks,
            >>

            >> Tim W5FN

          • Tim
            Message 5 of 12 , Mar 2, 2013
              Couple of questions about the TX/RX switching:

              SSB - When the system 'unkeys' (going from TX back to RX), I hear a
              little 'chirp'. Just wondered if this is normal. (the rig talks fine)

              CW - When unkeying, it takes about 300 ms for the audio to come back,
              and I hear a little ker-tunk. Also wondering if this is normal.

              Thanks!

              TIm W5FN
            • Tim
              Message 6 of 12 , Mar 3, 2013
                Hi All,

                I started to try & get the guy from Clipperton last night, and found
                that in the split mode the sidetone went away.

                So I just used the XIT to try & make the contact - that worked OK. (but
                not good enough to make the contact!!!)

                The 'MON' was still on, but nothing. Just wondering.

                Thanks,

                Tim W5FN
              • Goran
                Message 7 of 12 , Mar 4, 2013
                  In SPLIT active transmit mode is VFOB DSP mode. GSDR allows various modulation combinations VFOA/VFOB (example is LSB/USB for satellite work). When subRX is active double right mouse click (red vertical bar) and change mode, filter or DSP stuff( NB,NB2,NR,ANF).

                  73 yt7pwr

                  --- In GenesisRadio@yahoogroups.com, Tim <tim@...> wrote:

                  > Hi All,
                  >
                  > I started to try & get the guy from Clipperton last night, and found
                  > that in the split mode the sidetone went away.
                  >
                  > So I just used the XIT to try & make the contact - that worked OK. (but
                  > not good enough to make the contact!!!)
                  >
                  > The 'MON' was still on, but nothing. Just wondering.
                  >
                  > Thanks,
                  >
                  > Tim W5FN

                • Tim
                  Message 8 of 12 , Mar 4, 2013
                    Hi Goran,

                    Thank you!

                    Indeed, I was on a different mode on VFOB.

                    thanks!

                    Tim W5FN