CW TX delay in a G40

  • AL
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 11, 2013
      Hi there
      I have been working with my G40 (now it has a case!) and it is a very hot receiver. However I have encountered some TX complications that can't find a solution to.

      The problem when in cw is that there is a delay when transmitting. If I key down, first you get a output of about 1Watt for near a second (or less) and after that the full output (near 8W) no mater how many times you try.
      I have checked that the signal in the input of the TX buffer has the same behavior. Thinking that this should be a software delay I have tried several setups without any luck and the only thing that make this less noticeable was select on Setup>Audio QSK--> ON, but the delay is still there.
      Anyone there with an idea as to how to eliminate this or at least reduce more this effect ???
      I am using a Samsung notebook with an I5 processor (2.9Ghz) with 8GB of ram and OS is W7. The audio card is a E-MU 0204. The same problem using my table PC (same speed and 2GB Ram) with XP and a PCI Asus Xonar D!

      Regards

      Al
      CX8AT
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 11, 2013
        see if this helps...

        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 12, 2013
          if someone own G40 can use G11's Band pass filters to turn it to multiband?

          73 de SV1JGW

          Dimitrios Jimmy Pallis

          http://sw1jgw.50webs.com/

          To: GenesisRadio@yahoogroups.com
          From: kf1z@...
          Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 17:20:06 -0500
          Subject: Re: [GenesisRadio] CW TX delay in a G40

          see if this helps...

          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 19, 2013
            Thank you Bruce

            I found that the cause of that tx delay was my buffer size, it was to big .
            I tried with different setups and found that with a sample rate of
            96kHz I may go as high as 1024 samples (and NOT higher) of buffer size.

            I did found another two annoying problems:
            The first one is when I change any setup It seems that the software
            loose its latency value for a while so the audio start wobbling and
            after any change and the setup windows close everything gets ok again.
            Is this normal?

            The second one is when in 192 sample rate, the sound card output is
            lower at the higher end, for example at 192kHz , LO 7046kHz, I get 8w
            (using RD16HHF1) almost up to 7100 but starting there the output start
            getting lower until i get 1w at 7125 and higher ¿is this caused by the
            audio card response? or I missed something at the setup I should take
            care of?

            I am using a I5 (2.9gHz) notebook with W7 64b, 8Gb ram, GSDR 64bit, E-mu
            0204

            Regards
            Al
            CX8AT

            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 19, 2013
              Yes, I think all normal...?

              I don't use CW, so, I really don't know for sure..

              On the power output...
              Yes, go to Setup > Transmit...
              check the box "TX IF Shift"
              Make sure IF shift below that is set to at LEAST 5000hz ( default is 11025 which is good)

              href="http://genesisradio.com.au/GSDR/new/Documentation/html/English/GSDR/?page_id=103">http://genesisradio.com.au/GSDR/new/Documentation/html/English/GSDR/?page_id=103

              href="mailto:cx8at%40adinet.com.uy">mailto:cx8at%40adinet.com.uy>

              *Sent:* Monday, February 11, 2013 4:23 PM
              > *To:*
              href="mailto:GenesisRadio%40yahoogroups.com">mailto:GenesisRadio%40yahoogroups.com mailto:GenesisRadio%40yahoogroups.com>

              Hi there
              > I have been working with my G40 (now it has a case!) and it is
              a very
              > hot receiver. However I have encountered some TX complications
              that
              > can't find a solution to.
              >
              > The problem when in cw
              is that there is a delay when transmitting. If
              > I key down, first you
              get a output of about 1Watt for near a second
              > (or less) and after that
              the full output (near 8W) no mater how many
              > times you try.
              have checked that the signal in the input of the TX buffer has the
              > same
              behavior. Thinking that this should be a software delay I have
              > tried
              several setups without any luck and the only thing that make
              > this less
              noticeable was select on Setup>Audio QSK--> ON, but the
              > delay is
              still there.
              > Anyone there with an idea as to how to eliminate this or at
              least
              > reduce more this effect ???
              > I am using a Samsung notebook
              with an I5 processor (2.9Ghz) with 8GB