Re: [GenesisRadio] Re: Problem with Direct X.

  • Forrest White
    Message 1 of 35 , Feb 7 1:16 PM
      this radio looks like a cool project to work on. maybe in the future I will order one and mess with it in linux.

      Message 35 of 35 , Feb 10 12:03 AM
        If you can afford or not depends completely on the setting of your priorities. The other thing about using Linux or Windows or other operating system is that you have to consider  that, in this case a SDR xceiver, you look at a complete system and not only a bunch of hardware and some part of software. It is a combination of hardware to extract the signals from the 'air' and the most important is the software that make the hardware useful an both combine to a Xceiver. If you buy a digital camera do you think about the operating system that is used inside the camera? That is both hardware and software that make the quality of the camera and choices  are made by the manufacturer, that is widely accepted. I own a G11 tranceiver, resided to build this transceiver because of the performance. I use a Mac computer and had to install Windows 7 and use bootcamp to make the combination work. No problem for me because I'm rewarded by having a very nice tranceiver.

        73 Jan / PA0DMM

        Op 10-2-2013 7:04, Forrest White schreef:

        this looks like such a cool kit but it looks like I am dropping out of the hobby cant afford it. to many people not on here just in general have put me down due to my in ability to purchase my own rig. I will follow along and see how the xsdr progressess. thanks to all who are linux users and having the hope that genesis radio will include them.