Re: [GenesisRadio] Re: GSDR + E-MU 0202 Latency problem

  • Mike Cederquist
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 6, 2013
          I'm running the G59 with the emu 0202 sound card. I had the same issue till I install the older ASIO4ALL V 1.8. I also have my Latency set to 10ms in the sound card settings in GSDR. I was getting pops after the software had been running for more then a minute or so.

      I hope this helps.

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Jan 14, 2013, at 3:11 AM, "Goran" <yt7pwr@...> wrote:

      To resolve this issue first disconnect G11 radio and verify how your audio system works. Use EMU as primary SDR sound card and SB built in on motherboard as source for second SDR application (Winrad or any other). Connect these two sound card RX<->TX. Now you have very cheap AF spectrum analyzer.
      GSDR set to use MME/48K/2048/50mS (TX IF shift set 10K). If your PC is fast enough these two applications must run simultaneously without any dropouts. If CPU is too high try to download and install SlimDX 11/2011 version and run GenesisDX with DirectX video driver. If you are satisfied with results increase sample rate to 96K, set ASIO, reduce latency down to 10-20mS and reduce BufferSize to 1024/512. Again: two applications must run simultaneously without audio dropouts. TUN,CW or SSB must run smooth. If you still have issue start from BIOS (USB set to 1.1/2.0 standard), check power management for USB ports, check Windows system overall DPC latency, shutdown any unnecessary Win service (specially automatic software updates or printing service), check antivirus settings and try ASIO4All drivers. Clean Windows install can also helps.
      When all gremlins are successfully exterminated connect G11 radio and repeat calibration procedure.

      73 yt7pwr