Sound card

  • pure_audio_kt88
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 1, 2012
      I ordered a G11 kit and the time left to arival of the kit will be used to collect all other things I need. My computer (i7 4 core, 16G mem) will be OK but I have a question about the sound card. The computer has on board sound and I have a ECI Juli@ 24 bit 192kHz sound card. This card can not be found in the list of sound cards. Is it possible to use this card with good results?

      73 PA0DMM (Jan)
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 1, 2012
        The "supported card" list is outdated,
        in my opinion, the BEST cards to use do not even appear on that list.

        You can use your ECI card, with likely very good results.
        ( just choose the "unsupported card" option)

        Sent: Thursday, November 01, 2012 2:18 PM
        Subject: [GenesisRadio] Sound card

        I ordered a G11 kit and the time left to arival of the kit will be used to collect all other things I need. My computer (i7 4 core, 16G mem) will be OK but I have a question about the sound card. The computer has on board sound and I have a ECI Juli@ 24 bit 192kHz sound card. This card can not be found in the list of sound cards. Is it possible to use this card with good results?

        73 PA0DMM (Jan)

      • Milo Austin

          Sent: Thursday, November 01, 2012 2:18 PM

          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 1, 2012
            exactly.

            And even then, the "pre-configured" settings, are not usually the BEST settings.

            Bruce

            Sent: Thursday, November 01, 2012 2:18 PM