G59 & G11 single PC

  • campbell_alastair
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 1, 2012
      Looking for guidelines to run both G11&G59 simultaneously on same PC.
      Attempts to start second Genesis result with warning of other Genesis running, selecting the continue option results in both setups hanging-up in MOX.
      O.S W74/64
      Firmware 23072012
      Individual serial No. allocated to G11 & G59
      USB option and respective Serial No. selected in Genesis config.
      Individual Sound Cards E-MU0202 and Xonar Essence STX PCI-E
      PC DELL Inspiron 570
      Certain dual operation has been previously addressed but failed to find message.

      Alastair gm3nkg
    • Goran
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 1, 2012
        Create two separate GSDR folders (for example: C:\GSDR_g59 and C:\GSDR_g11). Two GSDR instances can share audio for MME or WASAPI but not ASIO audio drivers. If you have 4 channel audio card (like Delta44) run GSDR in 2 channel mode. With two separate PCI/PCIe (or USB) cards all combination are possible.

        73 yt7pwr

        --- In GenesisRadio@yahoogroups.com, "campbell_alastair" <agcampbell@...> wrote:

        > Looking for guidelines to run both G11&G59 simultaneously on same PC.
        > Attempts to start second Genesis result with warning of other Genesis running, selecting the continue option results in both setups hanging-up in MOX.
        > O.S W74/64
        > Firmware 23072012
        > Individual serial No. allocated to G11 & G59
        > USB option and respective Serial No. selected in Genesis config.
        > Individual Sound Cards E-MU0202 and Xonar Essence STX PCI-E
        > PC DELL Inspiron 570
        > Certain dual operation has been previously addressed but failed to find message.
        >
        > Alastair gm3nkg

      • Alastair Campbell
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 1, 2012
          Goran
          Have two separate folders.
          Changed audio driver in both to MME but still with both GSDR folders open whenever I start any one it goes to MOX and requires a stop to clear. Starting the second it also starts in MOX.
          Different selections of drivers still the same result on start no reception GSDR goes into MOX Mode.
          With only one folder open operation is normal.

          Alastair gm3nkg

          On 1 September 2012 12:14, Goran <yt7pwr@...> wrote:

          Create two separate GSDR folders (for example: C:\GSDR_g59 and C:\GSDR_g11). Two GSDR instances can share audio for MME or WASAPI but not ASIO audio drivers. If you have 4 channel audio card (like Delta44) run GSDR in 2 channel mode. With two separate PCI/PCIe (or USB) cards all combination are possible.

          73 yt7pwr

          --- In GenesisRadio@yahoogroups.com, "campbell_alastair" <agcampbell@...> wrote:

          > Looking for guidelines to run both G11&G59 simultaneously on same PC.
          > Attempts to start second Genesis result with warning of other Genesis running, selecting the continue option results in both setups hanging-up in MOX.
          > O.S W74/64
          > Firmware 23072012
          > Individual serial No. allocated to G11 & G59
          > USB option and respective Serial No. selected in Genesis config.
          > Individual Sound Cards E-MU0202 and Xonar Essence STX PCI-E
          > PC DELL Inspiron 570
          > Certain dual operation has been previously addressed but failed to find message.
          >
          > Alastair gm3nkg

        • Goran
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 1, 2012
            I do not understand "open folder" part. Folders (open or closed) have nothing to do with GSDR operation (if GSDR properly installed). Which GSDR.exe do you start for G59 and which one for G11? Easiest is to create two GSDR shortcut on desktop pointing to two different GSDR.exe files.
            If you do not resolve problem send both database.xml to yt7pwr@...

            73 yt7pwr

            --- In GenesisRadio@yahoogroups.com, Alastair Campbell <agcampbell@...> wrote:

            > Goran
            > Have two separate folders.
            > Changed audio driver in both to MME but still with both GSDR folders open
            > whenever I start any one it goes to MOX and requires a stop to clear.
            > Starting the second it also starts in MOX.
            > Different selections of drivers still the same result on start no reception
            > GSDR goes into MOX Mode.
            > With only one folder open operation is normal.
            >
            > Alastair gm3nkg
            >
            > On 1 September 2012 12:14, Goran <yt7pwr@...> wrote:
            >
            > > **
            > >

            > > Create two separate GSDR folders (for example: C:\GSDR_g59 and
            > > C:\GSDR_g11). Two GSDR instances can share audio for MME or WASAPI but not
            > > ASIO audio drivers. If you have 4 channel audio card (like Delta44) run
            > > GSDR in 2 channel mode. With two separate PCI/PCIe (or USB) cards all
            > > combination are possible.
            > >
            > > 73 yt7pwr
            > >
            > > --- In GenesisRadio@yahoogroups.com, "campbell_alastair" <agcampbell@>
            > > wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Looking for guidelines to run both G11&G59 simultaneously on same PC.
            > > > Attempts to start second Genesis result with warning of other Genesis
            > > running, selecting the continue option results in both setups hanging-up in
            > > MOX.
            > > > O.S W74/64
            > > > Firmware 23072012
            > > > Individual serial No. allocated to G11 & G59
            > > > USB option and respective Serial No. selected in Genesis config.
            > > > Individual Sound Cards E-MU0202 and Xonar Essence STX PCI-E
            > > > PC DELL Inspiron 570
            > > > Certain dual operation has been previously addressed but failed to find
            > > message.
            > > >
            > > > Alastair gm3nkg

          • Alastair Campbell
            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 1, 2012
              Goran
              Sorry about my confusion with using word folder, I was refering to and meant individual GSDR G11 an G59.exe files.
              Both database.xml files sent direct.

              Alastair gm3nkg

              On 1 September 2012 14:22, Goran <yt7pwr@...> wrote:

              I do not understand "open folder" part. Folders (open or closed) have nothing to do with GSDR operation (if GSDR properly installed). Which GSDR.exe do you start for G59 and which one for G11? Easiest is to create two GSDR shortcut on desktop pointing to two different GSDR.exe files.
              If you do not resolve problem send both database.xml to yt7pwr@...

              73 yt7pwr

              --- In GenesisRadio@yahoogroups.com, Alastair Campbell <agcampbell@...> wrote:

              > Goran
              > Have two separate folders.
              > Changed audio driver in both to MME but still with both GSDR folders open
              > whenever I start any one it goes to MOX and requires a stop to clear.
              > Starting the second it also starts in MOX.
              > Different selections of drivers still the same result on start no reception
              > GSDR goes into MOX Mode.
              > With only one folder open operation is normal.
              >
              > Alastair gm3nkg
              >
              > On 1 September 2012 12:14, Goran <yt7pwr@...> wrote:
              >
              > > **
              > >

              > > Create two separate GSDR folders (for example: C:\GSDR_g59 and
              > > C:\GSDR_g11). Two GSDR instances can share audio for MME or WASAPI but not
              > > ASIO audio drivers. If you have 4 channel audio card (like Delta44) run
              > > GSDR in 2 channel mode. With two separate PCI/PCIe (or USB) cards all
              > > combination are possible.
              > >
              > > 73 yt7pwr
              > >
              > > --- In GenesisRadio@yahoogroups.com, "campbell_alastair" <agcampbell@>
              > > wrote:
              > > >
              > > > Looking for guidelines to run both G11&G59 simultaneously on same PC.
              > > > Attempts to start second Genesis result with warning of other Genesis
              > > running, selecting the continue option results in both setups hanging-up in
              > > MOX.
              > > > O.S W74/64
              > > > Firmware 23072012
              > > > Individual serial No. allocated to G11 & G59
              > > > USB option and respective Serial No. selected in Genesis config.
              > > > Individual Sound Cards E-MU0202 and Xonar Essence STX PCI-E
              > > > PC DELL Inspiron 570
              > > > Certain dual operation has been previously addressed but failed to find
              > > message.
              > > >
              > > > Alastair gm3nkg

            • campbell_alastair
              Message 6 of 9 , Sep 3, 2012
                Outcome to my message No.15452.
                Goran examined both my database.xml files and noted that I had a PTT conflict via the VSP setup between the G11 GSDR and G59 GSDR . On starting either GSDR this link put them into MOX mode.
                Changing the VSP allocations for PTT removed the problem and allowed both G11 and G59 to run together on the PC with no interaction.
                Lesson learned,take care with VSP assignments for CAT/PTT also VAC assignments when running any combination of GSDR's together on the one PC.

                Alastair gm3nkg
              • Milo Austin

                  Message 8 of 9 , Sep 4, 2012
                    He's running a G11 and a G59 at the SAME TIME , on the same 'puter.

                    I've had 2- G11 and one G59 running at the same time... jest fer fun.  Smile

                    Bruce