G59 Enclosure

  • Milo
    Message 1 of 31 , Jul 26, 2012
      Got the G59 case today, Bruce. Fantastic. I cannot believe what a nice case this is, especially for the money. I would strongly encourage anyone who does not have a case for their G59 to consider purchasing one. You are not likely to find anything better, or at a better price. Thanks to Bruce for making it possible. Worth the wait.

      73, Milo
      KF5GCF
    • Stephen weston
      Message 31 of 31 , Jun 9, 2017
        Of course I meant C2S, the 1000 uF electrolytic.
        The supplied one is rated 35 volts. Is that necessary?
        Low profiles caps are available rated at 25v.

        Steve

        Sent: Saturday, June 10, 2017 12:49 AM
        Subject: Re: [GenesisRadio] G59 Enclosure

        Hi

        Yup. That worked.

        Now my only trouble is C1S is about 3mm too tall for the bottom lid to close.
        And yes, it is properly seated on the board.
        I measure C1 to be 22 mm tall and the space from the board to the lid at 19mm.
        And that means disassembling and sourcing a shorter cap.
        Unless it can be mounted on its side???
        Ah well...the fun of homebrew!

        Steve VK2LTW

        Sent: Friday, June 9, 2017 8:44 AM

        G’day Steve,
                                I had the same problem, Only about 1mm. I found
                            if you elongated the holes for the mounting posts, it
                            would fit with care.

        Terry VK2KDK

        Hi

        I have completed the G59 and GPA10 and they are both working perfectly.
        > 10 watts on all bands!
        All tests and calibrations completed.
        I’m struggling a bit with the enclosure.
        The black BNC connectors that came in my kit do not line up with the cutouts on aluminum back face of the the case for the G59 board..
        They are about 3mm out.
        Are there any instructions for getting the radio into the enclosure?
        Should I drill out the BNC holes?

        Steve VK2LTW