G59 and Usrp

  • Dimitrios Pallis
    Message 1 of 11 , May 3, 2012
      http://youtu.be/OwNCMnizbhc

      73 de SV1JGW

      Dimitrios Jimmy Pallis

    • kztf
      Message 2 of 11 , May 5, 2012
        Although the assembly instructions do not mention them, I can see in the schematics that these jumpers all need to be in place? Correct?

        JMP1M, JMP2M, JMP3M, JMP4M, JMP5M

        J1L, J2L, J3L, J4L

        J1B, J2B

        J1R

        JMP1Z, JMP2Z

        JMP1E
        Message 3 of 11 , May 6, 2012
          DO NOT INSTALL J2L, J3L, J4L  !!  Your local oscillator will cease working.. or surely not work correctly.
          ONLY J1L is installed for the HF versions of G11

          JMP1M, JMP2M, JMP3M, JMP4M, JMP5M
          Doubtfull that you need all these...  certainly not all at the same time.
          Varies by what microphone is being used, by what plug is used, or if you need more gain, or if you have ground-loop issues.

          Most likely, only JMP2M and JMP5M would be installed.

          J1B and J2B are certainly mentioned in the assembly manual. must be installed AFTER BPF is complete.

          J1R IS mentioned in the instructions... it is the end of a cable, not a jumper.

          JMP1E is in the instructions as well. Install

          Message 4 of 11 , May 6, 2012
            Drax...

            Forgot which radio you have...  Smile

            You have an LF version of G11

            For 500khz    J1L, and J4L are NOT installed.   J2L and J3L ARE installed.

            Bruce

            Message 5 of 11 , May 6, 2012

              Someone ought to document this stuff. ;-P

              Message 6 of 11 , May 7, 2012
                Mic circuit jumpers;

                Stereo mic input - tip/ring/sleave = JMP1M+JMP2M+JMP3M
                Mono mic input - tip/sleave = JMP2M+JMP3M

                Stereo line level input - t/r/s = JMP1M+JMP2M
                Mono line level input - t/s = JMP2M

                Do not apply line level signal to J1M (mic in) with JMP3M jumpered.

                JMP5M is ground lift for Mic out jack J2M only. Not needed if you do not use J2M.

                Message 7 of 11 , May 7, 2012
                  You can also provide bias voltage for electret mic element, or condenser,  via the ring connection. do not jumper JMP3M

                  --- In mailto:GenesisRadio%40yahoogroups.com, "Drax Felton" <draxfelton@...> wrote:

                  > Someone ought to
                  document this stuff. ;-P

                  Message 8 of 11 , May 7, 2012
                    If providing line-level audio, it would be best to bypass the mic preamp completely.

                    I remove C8M and use J2M as the input, and used shared mic/line input option.

                    Bruce

                    Stereo mic input - tip/ring/sleave = JMP1M+JMP2M+JMP3M
                    Mono mic input - tip/sleave = JMP2M+JMP3M

                    Stereo line level input - t/r/s = JMP1M+JMP2M
                    Mono line level input - t/s = JMP2M

                    Do not apply line level signal to J1M (mic in) with JMP3M jumpered.

                    JMP5M is ground lift for Mic out jack J2M only. Not needed if you do not use J2M.

                    --- In mailto:GenesisRadio%40yahoogroups.com, "Drax Felton" <draxfelton@...> wrote:

                    > Someone ought to
                    document this stuff. ;-P