Re: [GenesisRadio] G11 shipping update, G59 PCBs+uc+opamp offer, G40 PCBs clearance

  • Alastair Campbell
    Message 1 of 6 , May 2, 2012
      Confirming receipt of the G11 kit.
      Arrived this am, 5 days from VK to GM.
      Proving again excellent mail service between VK and GM

      Alastair gm3nkg

      On 28 April 2012 23:27, VK2DX <nick@...> wrote:

      I am back home after two o/s trips.
      Day after arriving home from Japan, XYL had to go back to Eu,
      my father in law passed away. By the time she is back, I'll be on my way o/s again.
      We are setting up branch office in Tokyo which means that next few months will be hectic.

      Obviously Genesis production is no longer top priority.

      Our o/s manufacturer informed me that the new batch of 200 G11 units is now ready for
      delivery. I have requested that 2 units are sent over for inspection.
      Once they arrive I'll ship one to Bruce and one to Tasa for final approval.
      Since we had no changes to design, I expect that this final approval is just a formality.

      That means G11 orders received in April will be shipped late May.
      Current batch of G11 comes on blue PCB (blue solder mask).

      G59: unfortunately at this stage I'm unable to kit any more units.

      However I do have fifteen G59  PCBs with mounted OP AMPs and programmed uCs.
      These boards could be shipped promptly, without delay.
      Price is $99 plus postage. Most likely the G59 will go into retirement once these PCBs are sold out.

      For those who have forwarded payment for full G59 kit in February I have no choice but to offer refund
      or to ship G11 instead. Let me know what is your preference.

      In addition, I still have few G40 PCBs with 28.188 crystal available for $30 plus postage.

      The PCBs are available form VK directly, I don't want to bother Bruce for something which can be shipped
      cheaply from this end. Of course, Bruce will continue to take orders for G11 kits
      and G6 once we get closer to production run.

      Please take advantage of this offer and place your order ASAP
      so that all PCB can be packed and shipped this week.
      Contact me directly for paypal details and total amount payable.

      73 Nick VK2DX

    • billncolo36
      Message 2 of 6 , May 2, 2012
        Nick, Do I need to buy a complete G59 board to acquire the spare uC IC that I have been requesting?

        Bill N0CU

        --- In GenesisRadio@yahoogroups.com, "VK2DX" <nick@...> wrote:

        > I am back home after two o/s trips.
        > Day after arriving home from Japan, XYL had to go back to Eu,
        > my father in law passed away. By the time she is back, I'll be on my way o/s again.
        > We are setting up branch office in Tokyo which means that next few months will be hectic.
        >
        > Obviously Genesis production is no longer top priority.
        >
        > Our o/s manufacturer informed me that the new batch of 200 G11 units is now ready for
        > delivery. I have requested that 2 units are sent over for inspection.
        > Once they arrive I'll ship one to Bruce and one to Tasa for final approval.
        > Since we had no changes to design, I expect that this final approval is just a formality.
        >
        > That means G11 orders received in April will be shipped late May.
        > Current batch of G11 comes on blue PCB (blue solder mask).
        >
        > G59: unfortunately at this stage I'm unable to kit any more units.
        >
        > However I do have fifteen G59 PCBs with mounted OP AMPs and programmed uCs.
        > These boards could be shipped promptly, without delay.
        > Price is $99 plus postage. Most likely the G59 will go into retirement once these PCBs are sold out.
        >
        > For those who have forwarded payment for full G59 kit in February I have no choice but to offer refund
        > or to ship G11 instead. Let me know what is your preference.
        >
        > In addition, I still have few G40 PCBs with 28.188 crystal available for $30 plus postage.
        >
        > The PCBs are available form VK directly, I don't want to bother Bruce for something which can be shipped
        > cheaply from this end. Of course, Bruce will continue to take orders for G11 kits
        > and G6 once we get closer to production run.
        >
        > Please take advantage of this offer and place your order ASAP
        > so that all PCB can be packed and shipped this week.
        > Contact me directly for paypal details and total amount payable.
        >
        > 73 Nick VK2DX

      • nick
        Message 3 of 6 , May 2, 2012
          Nick, Do I need to buy a complete G59 board to acquire the spare uC IC that I have been requesting?

          Bill N0CU

          HiBill -
          all G59 boards and uC are sold out. I may have overlooked your request for uC
          but that should not be a problem because I can always programm one for you.

          Please email me your paypal payment receipt.

          Thank you,

          Nick VK2DX
        • billncolo36
          Message 4 of 6 , May 2, 2012
            Hi Nick, thank you very much. I am not sure what PayPal receipt you would like me to email to you- is it the one for the original purchase of the G59? I assume I would pay for the uC chip via PayPal unless you prefer otherwise. Please send me the price and payment info and I will get the payment out right away.
            I am setting my station up with my G59 as the primary rig and I would feel much better if I had a spare uC chip on hand since every other part in the G59 I can buy or build fairly easily.
            Thanks,

            Bill N0CU