IC Sockets

  • Charles Nolin
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 5, 2010
      Hi Richard,

      I own and built G40 serial #4, and G3020 #4. I used the machined and gold plated sockets on both.
      They are just fine and I am glad I did as I had one bad chip on the G3020. It was easy to change out.
      There are arguments all around on both sides of the issue.
      As you said yours were a good high quality part, you will be fine.
      As your history with your builds I am sure your completed project will be a work of art and the sockets will
      add to your service ease if ever needed.
      Its nice to see you again,

      Chuck Nolin
      WA6LTV/4