TX issue on 20 meter band with G3020

  • Brian
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 5, 2010
      Hello everyone, hope everyone had a happy holiday !

      My TX frequency seems to be off on the the 20 meter band of my G3020

      I did not notice this till yesterday since I had been doing alot of WSPR on 30 meters very successful I might add!

      Something isn't right I don't think when it comes to 20 meters though, when I TX and use my frequency counter to see what im transmitting at its off, for example if I TX at 14.070 the frequency counter will show me transmitting at 14.067, off by 3, and its only 20 meters this happens at, I believe this is why ive not been able to make a 20 meter PSK31 QSO so far on the G3020.

      30 meters is fine, when I tx at a freq such as 10.138 , then the frequency counter will show that freq.

      im guessing this can be fixed in software somehow but not sure how to go about doing it, anyone know?

      Brian
      KJ4OOS
    • Sinisa Tasic
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 6, 2010
        Hi all
        I wish to all Happy and prosperous New Year and season greetings! I wish you many hours of enjoyment with Genesis SDR equipments and software too!
        Your frequency difference is really big typical difference is under +/- 300Hz. If your 14MHz (all or first one?) oscillator is working stabile you have to enter measured frequency to the GSDR software for this crystal unit and obtain correct frequency readout in software!
        VY 73 Tasa YU1LM/QRP