16 ULTRA L OW NOISE O PAMP PDP8 –installe d on PCB - PART NUMB ER

  • Dimitrios Pallis
    Message 1 of 17 , Apr 1, 2012
      does any one knows what is the part number
      of 16 ULTRA LOW NOISE OPAMP  PDP8 –installed on PCB

      because i want to order some critical parts from my local market part distributor

      thanks

      73 de SV1JGW

      Dimitrios Jimmy Pallis

      http://sw1jgw.50webs.com/

        Message 3 of 17 , Apr 1, 2012

          So does the 10000pF capacitor go in the holes for position C20B or C27B?

          I’m confused by the chart.    It lists two positions for each part.  One of which is in parenthesis.

          Message 4 of 17 , Apr 1, 2012
            The G11 for HF bands , has 2 separate filter sections.

            For LF you’ll only populate one filter section. Numbers NOT in parenthesis.

            For the 2nd filter section, you’ll end up bypassing the filters, so you have receive coverage up to about 2mhz.

            That is not in the documentation yet.....

            Bruce

            Sent: Sunday, April 01, 2012 12:04 PM

            Message 5 of 17 , Apr 1, 2012
              Meant to clarify further...

              In the filter charts, the positions listed not in parenthesis are for filter “CH1”.
              Those in parenthesis are for filter “CH2”.

              So for LF, only use the positions in the chart that are not in parenthesis.

              Bruce

              Sent: Sunday, April 01, 2012 12:04 PM

              Message 6 of 17 , Apr 1, 2012

                So next question.  How do I by-pass the 2nd filter section?

                Sent: Sunday, April 01, 2012 12:04 PM

                Message 7 of 17 , Apr 1, 2012
                  To bypass CH2 filter...

                  For BPF,

                  Connect a jumper wire from C25B pad next to U1B, to C31B pad next to U2B.

                  For LPF,

                  Connect a jumper wire from L3B pad next to C10B to L4B pad next to L4B pad that is just under the L2B marking.

                  Bruce

                  Sent: Sunday, April 01, 2012 12:43 PM

                  Sent: Sunday, April 01, 2012 12:04 PM

                  Message 8 of 17 , Apr 1, 2012
                    Come to think of it...

                    I’m not 100% sure that will work.. ( the bypass is ok)

                    But CH1 is the default channel , and I don’t know that CH2 would ever be selected.

                    Just hold off on that a couple days until I ask Goran, and/or Tasa about that.

                    Bruce

                    Sent: Sunday, April 01, 2012 12:43 PM

                    Sent: Sunday, April 01, 2012 12:04 PM

                    Message 9 of 17 , Apr 1, 2012
                      Would it be possible for you to toss a single 2700pF
                      Capacitor in an envelope for me?

                      I broke the lead on it after mounting it in the wrong channel and trying to remove it.

                      Sent from my iPhone

                      Sent: Sunday, April 01, 2012 12:43 PM

                      Sent: Sunday, April 01, 2012 12:04 PM

                      Message 10 of 17 , Apr 1, 2012
                        no problem

                        bruce

                        Sent: Sunday, April 01, 2012 12:43 PM

                        Sent: Sunday, April 01, 2012 12:04 PM

                        Message 11 of 17 , Apr 1, 2012
                          Thank you much.  Address is on qrz.com
                          Kb3x

                          Sent from my iPhone

                          On Apr 1, 2012, at 1:56 PM, "Bruce  KF1Z" <kf1z@...> wrote:

                          no problem

                          bruce

                          Sent: Sunday, April 01, 2012 12:43 PM

                          Sent: Sunday, April 01, 2012 12:04 PM

                          Message 12 of 17 , Apr 5, 2012

                            Where you able to get that filter bypass information for 500khz?
                            Also please send that capacitor.

                            Thanks,

                            Sent: Sunday, April 01, 2012 12:43 PM

                            Sent: Sunday, April 01, 2012 12:04 PM

                            Message 13 of 17 , Apr 5, 2012
                              Cap was already mailed

                              I guess it’s not needed to bypass the filter.. from my conversation with Tasa.

                              Though sometimes it’s hard to understand his english...

                              By the way, I meant to ask if you downloaded the document that tells you the Local osc jumper settings,
                              the extra cap, the number of turns for output transformer, and the SWR transformer from the website?

                              Bruice

                              Sent: Sunday, April 01, 2012 12:43 PM

                              Sent: Sunday, April 01, 2012 12:04 PM