Re: [GenesisRadio] G11 - No sensible audio

  • Bob Bownes
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 1, 2012
      finger to audio cable gets visible him in the panawave. clicking the AF preamp produces a short burst of visible noise  in the panawave as well.

      On Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 3:18 PM, Bruce Greenleaf KF1Z <kf1z@...> wrote:

      OR,

      What happens if you press the AF Preamp button?

      Sent: Wednesday, February 01, 2012 3:14 PM
      Subject: Re: [GenesisRadio] G11 - No sensible audio

      If you unplug the cable ( G11 end) that goes to soundcard line input...
      And touch your finger to the TIP of the connector..

      Does anything happen in GSDR panadapter window?

      Sent: Wednesday, February 01, 2012 3:02 PM

      =======
      http://www.pctools.com
      =======

    • Bruce Greenleaf KF1Z
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 1, 2012
        ok... that's a good sign..

        Bruce

        Sent: Wednesday, February 01, 2012 3:14 PM

        Sent: Wednesday, February 01, 2012 3:02 PM

        =======
        http://www.pctools.com
        =======

        =======
        http://www.pctools.com
        =======

        =======
        http://www.pctools.com
        =======
      • Bob Bownes
        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 1, 2012
          If I set the output card to be the card with some speakers on it, I can hear whatever is on the panawave. But I can't actually tune anything in.

          On Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 6:03 PM, Bruce Greenleaf KF1Z <kf1z@...> wrote:

          ok... that's a good sign..

          Bruce

          Sent: Wednesday, February 01, 2012 3:14 PM

          Sent: Wednesday, February 01, 2012 3:02 PM

          =======
          http://www.pctools.com
          =======

          =======
          http://www.pctools.com
          =======

          =======
          http://www.pctools.com
          =======

        • Bob Bownes
          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 1, 2012
            Ah. If I fire up a signal generator (with nothing on it's output) on, say, 14.018Mhz I can see it on the panadawave with the g11 hooked to the antenna outside.

            And I am now seeing/hearing some CW.

            Sounds like time to build some rx filters.

            Sent: Wednesday, February 01, 2012 3:14 PM

            Sent: Wednesday, February 01, 2012 3:02 PM

            =======
            http://www.pctools.com
            =======

            =======
            http://www.pctools.com
            =======

            =======
            http://www.pctools.com
            =======

          • Conrad San Diego
            Message 5 of 11 , Feb 3, 2012
              Hi Bruce;

              I had initially seen the no serial number issue when I first flashed the G11.  I was using the upgrade package
              dated 100112..I don't see the little window that pops up for the serial number.
              I tried it a second time re-flashing the G11 using the latest upgrade package 290112.. form nowhere,
              that pop up window appeared to change the serial number :-)
              I don't know if reflashing twice did it or  using the latest upgrade did it. But I was able to input the serial number.

              I also had the same audio issue after I flashed the G11, I checked the receive and I was getting static/noise on receive.
              no intelligeble audio.
              Tried on 3 computers same results. finally I found the problem is my stereo cable between
              G11 Line out to the Line in of my pc. after using a new cable, now I am getting good audio.
              In my pc I have to connect it to the Line in , otherwise I get noise when I connect it to the Mic input in the pc.
              I have listened to WWV on 10.0 mhz- good signals, 40 & 20 meters are also good signals on the recieve.
              I now have to finish up the bandpass and low pass filters, and the transmitter side.

              I found out also, the 2 Green colored pieces , are not resistors but the coils for L1U and L3U. ( they measured 2.2 ohms in my meter )I had been scratching my head trying to figure out where these 2 pieces would go .. :-)

              It had been lots of fun so far, and the joy in hearing the first intelligeble audio on the G11.
              A Big Thanks to Nick, Tasa and Bruce . Thank You Guys for all the hardwork in bringing this Genesis G11 for everybody to enjoy.

              73;
              Conrad San Diego
              AB6ST

              Sent: Wednesday, February 01, 2012 3:14 PM