Re: Still Cannot Get GSDR to run

  • Hans
    Message 1 of 15 , Dec 1, 2009
      Yup!

      That works fine for me! I just made a new GSDR-installation, following the instructions from YT7PWR. The instructions are rock solid! It took less than 10 minutes to get GSDR up and running smoothly with my G3020.

      A may be a good idea to print out the .pdf document with the basic setup settings for GSDR, and use it as a reference. The pdf-file is found in the files section.

      Hans / LA2MOA
      G3020 #066

      --- In GenesisRadio@yahoogroups.com, "yt7pwr2002" <yt7pwr@...> wrote:

      > Huh...
      > 1. make empty folder( GSDR );
      > 2. download and unpack Release.rar from Files section;
      > 3. download GSDR.exe and G59.dll for your .NET version
      > 4. run GSDR.exe;
      > Only first time opens fftw_wisdom.exe and make wisdom file(for DttSP).
      > Adjust audio,display,COM port ......
      >
      > 73 de yt7pwr
      >
      > --- In GenesisRadio@yahoogroups.com, "wb5rvz" <rrrobson@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Where do I find the widom.exe file?
      > > Here are the contents of my GSDR directory:
      > > Name Type Date modified Size Tags
      > > ASIO4ALL_2_9_English Application 11/ 30/ 2009 2009 8:55 AM 5,266 KB
      > > G59.dll Application Extension 11/ 30/ 2009 9:39 AM 27 KB
      > > G59_NET_3_5.dll Application Extension 11/ 30/ 2009 9:39 AM 27 KB
      > > Genesis_NET_3_5 Application 11/ 29/ 2009 2:39 PM 1,667 KB
      > > GSDR_setup_manual_hans_la2... Foxit PDF Document 11/ 28/ 2009 9:28 AM 901 KB
      > >

      > > --- In GenesisRadio@yahoogroups.com, "yt7pwr2002" <yt7pwr@> wrote:
      > > >

      > > > Check for fftw_widom.exe in directory(this file makes widom for DttSP library). Looks like I am missing a lot of files?
      > > >
      > > > 73 de yt7pwr

    • Garey Barrell
      Message 2 of 15 , Dec 1, 2009
        I am still having trouble nulling the image response. The best I can
        get is about 40 dB with the GAIN slider all the way to -250 and the IQ
        Correction at 4. The image is still decreasing with the GAIN slider,
        indicating it needs to go further. The PHASE slider is at -116 and
        definitely nulls.

        I am able to get in excess of 70 dB suppression with PowerSDR 1.9 SR40
        with the same setup. Sound card is an M66.

        73, Garey - K4OAH
        Glen Allen, VA
      • wb5rvz
        Message 3 of 15 , Dec 1, 2009
          Sorry for all the bandwidth. I did not (could not?) put 2 and 2 together and realize that there are three parts to getting the app installed. The RAR file (zip) that contains all the associated support files, PLUS the APP PLUS the G59 dll (appropriately renamed and all of them must be in the same directory.

          Got them into a new directory and now I seem to have correctly functioning GSDR in Vista 32 AND in Vista 64.

          Thanks for the help.

          Now, all I have to do is figure out why my RX is deaf.

          73 de robby wb5rvz