HNY

  • Sinisa Tasic
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 1, 2012
      Hi Genesis SDR group,

      I wish you Happy New Year 2012, good health and prosperity
      to you and your family

      VY 73 Tasa YU1LM/QRP

    • yahoo.fr
      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 1, 2012
        Thank you Tasa,
        happy new year for all developer team and all builder Genesis.

        73
        Patrice/F4GJD

        Le 1 janv. 2012 à 12:01, Sinisa Tasic a écrit :

        Hi Genesis SDR group,

        I wish you Happy New Year 2012, good health and prosperity
        to you and your family

        VY 73 Tasa YU1LM/QRP

      • darren McDonald
        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 1, 2012
          Happy new year Tasa and all on group

          73 Darren g0ott

          To: GenesisRadio@yahoogroups.com

          Message 4 of 12 , Jan 1, 2012
            Hi and Happy 2012 to all in the group.
            Looking forward to the G11 !!!!
            73's 2E0GGO
            Gareth..

            I wish you Happy New Year 2012, good health and prosperity
            to you and your family

            VY 73 Tasa YU1LM/QRP

          • billncolo36
            Message 5 of 12 , Jan 1, 2012
              Bruce:
              -yes I did overwrite all files
              -I then tried using a fresh folder and downloading the latest update. If I remember correctly that ended up with a different set of error messages.

              I just finished loading in the first set of files (dated 6Apr2010) followed by each update into a fresh folder. That has gotten me back to where I can now load GSDR without any error messages. I still have a dead receiver. I also now have a residual noise floor on receive that is up at about -65 dBm instead of the previous -135 dBm.
              I am now going to try to find out what happened to the receiver. Any suggestions on where to start. I thought I once saw a post from someone who had a problem occur after a PTT cycle, but I could not find it.
              Thanks and HNY,

              Bill N0CU

              > When you updated to the newer version....
              >
              > did you put the update in the old folder?
              > If so, did you select yes or ok to overwrite all files? ( you SHOULD)
              >
              > Or, did you start with a fresh folder?
              >
              > If the former, you can TRY to rename the file "database.xml" to something else like "database_bak.xml"
              >
              > Then start GSDR, you'll note that ALL previous settings will be reset to default.
              >
              > It may be that needs to be done.
              >
              > I had the same issue, but I think I started with a fresh new install, to keep separate folders for G59 and G11 .
              >
              > It may be easier all around to just start with a new folder... unpack the "install" zipfile into it..
              > Then unpack the "update" zipfile into the folder... but DO make sure to allow it to overwrite all files.
              >
              > Bruce

            • billncolo36
              Message 6 of 12 , Jan 1, 2012
                Latest update: I hooked up my Netbook to verify the failure and to my surprise, all is well with the G59 hardware. I now suspect that the internal sound card in my desktop went "belly up". I have an EMU 1212 on order which should be here in about a week. I will update after I get that online.
                Thanks for the help Bruce.

                Bill N0CU

                --- In GenesisRadio@yahoogroups.com, "billncolo36" <billincolo73@...> wrote:

                > Bruce:
                > -yes I did overwrite all files
                > -I then tried using a fresh folder and downloading the latest update. If I remember correctly that ended up with a different set of error messages.
                >
                > I just finished loading in the first set of files (dated 6Apr2010) followed by each update into a fresh folder. That has gotten me back to where I can now load GSDR without any error messages. I still have a dead receiver. I also now have a residual noise floor on receive that is up at about -65 dBm instead of the previous -135 dBm.
                > I am now going to try to find out what happened to the receiver. Any suggestions on where to start. I thought I once saw a post from someone who had a problem occur after a PTT cycle, but I could not find it.
                > Thanks and HNY,
                >
                > Bill N0CU
                >
                > --- In GenesisRadio@yahoogroups.com, "Bruce KF1Z" <kf1z@> wrote:
                > >
                > > When you updated to the newer version....
                > >
                > > did you put the update in the old folder?
                > > If so, did you select yes or ok to overwrite all files? ( you SHOULD)
                > >
                > > Or, did you start with a fresh folder?
                > >
                > > If the former, you can TRY to rename the file "database.xml" to something else like "database_bak.xml"
                > >
                > > Then start GSDR, you'll note that ALL previous settings will be reset to default.
                > >
                > > It may be that needs to be done.
                > >
                > > I had the same issue, but I think I started with a fresh new install, to keep separate folders for G59 and G11 .
                > >
                > > It may be easier all around to just start with a new folder... unpack the "install" zipfile into it..
                > > Then unpack the "update" zipfile into the folder... but DO make sure to allow it to overwrite all files.
                > >
                > > Bruce

              • Hank
                Message 7 of 12 , Jan 1, 2012
                  Tasa,

                  Wishing you and the rest of the Genesis Team a Happy New Year and many more to come. We can't thank you enough for your hard work and dedication.

                  73,
                  Hank
                  WZ3HMT

                  --- In GenesisRadio@yahoogroups.com, Sinisa Tasic <yu1lm@...> wrote:

                  > Hi Genesis SDR group,
                  >
                  > I wish you Happy New Year 2012, good health and prosperity
                  > to you and your family
                  >
                  > VY 73 Tasa YU1LM/QRP

                • N2BHA
                  Message 8 of 12 , Jan 1, 2012
                    Happy New Year and thanks to all of you guys who invest so
                    much of your time and talent advancing and promoting the
                    hobby that we all enjoy so much.

                    Take Care es 73,
                    Vaughn N2BHA